Is my graphics card dead?

Go to solution Solved by Faizan Badar,

Thank you all for the help. I fixed the issue by removing the dust from the card. My pc was in storage for a while.

WIN_20170129_12_47_01_Pro.jpg

I have a gtx 960 and i tried turning it on this morning with no luck. It was working perfectly yesterday, but today it doesnt display anything when i connect any of the ports to the monitor. It isnt the psu as the graphics card lights up, its not the monitor or the cables because i have tested them with another device, i also tested my motherboard with vga and that worked perfectly fine. Im suspecting either the 960 isnt working, or its the pci express slot - But how do i find out? Theres only one pci port and i dont have any other computers to test it out. Is this common with the 960? I could get a refund and upgrade to the 1050ti, but id rather find a solution.

Update: im not sure if you can see it in the image attached, but theres some sort of sticky-liquid on the card. Could this be the issue?

WIN_20170129_11_33_14_Pro.jpg

You had any changes in the system, or had an update? Would say you need to try in another PC to be sure.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

2 minutes ago, Gonio said:

You had any changes in the system, or had an update? Would say you need to try in another PC to be sure.

No, my computer has been offline for a while now it cant be an update. It just happened randomly..

3 minutes ago, Gonio said:

You know if that sticky stuff was there before today?

Last time i checked, no, it wasnt there

If it is conductive it could have shorted something. Still only way to know is try in different PC.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

I'd give Isopropanol and a lint free cloth a shot to get rid of the goo. I've recovered some logic boards from liquid damage at work that way.

Thank you all for the help. I fixed the issue by removing the dust from the card. My pc was in storage for a while.

WIN_20170129_12_47_01_Pro.jpg