Gigabit Lan

PoeFlorin

I have an P5QL-E asus motherboard and today my ISP relese gigabit speed. My onboard card is gigabit lan but on my network this is what I get. Gigabit is not active. 

What can I do?

post-15128-0-61210300-1383749614.jpg

Amd FX 6300,Noctua NH-L9x65 CPU cooler ASRock 980DE3/U3S3, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Nvidia Gt 440, 1x 120 gb Kingston Savage SSD,1x 1Tb WD Hdd 1 x 320 gb WD HDD, 1x 640 WD HDD.

What kind of router/modem do you have? You're hardware may only support 100Mbps transfer speeds.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

^^^^

The hardware you are using might not be gigabit

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I don't have a router. Cable into pc.

Amd FX 6300,Noctua NH-L9x65 CPU cooler ASRock 980DE3/U3S3, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Nvidia Gt 440, 1x 120 gb Kingston Savage SSD,1x 1Tb WD Hdd 1 x 320 gb WD HDD, 1x 640 WD HDD.

I don't have a router. Cable into pc.

Coaxial cable straight into your computer?

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Coaxial cable straight into your computer?

screenshot proves that he is using ethernet.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

screenshot proves that he is using ethernet.

He said cable straight into computer. Just trying to figure out what exactly he has setup.  But really just sounds that he doesnt have all gigabit connections.

He said cable straight into computer. Just trying to figure out what exactly he has setup.  But really just sounds that he doesnt have all gigabit connections.

he probably has FTTB connection

OP: can you check what does it say on the cable? CAT6,CAT5 or CAT5E?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

he probably has FTTB connection

Talking about his personal router or modem or which ever he has either way one of his components is not gigabit capable. Just sounds like a simple bottle neck somewhere

I had a team here from my IPS. all the cable is ok. I have the lan cable in my pc. the dudes said my pc is not good enoufh. I need I7. That is bullshit. I gues they did not made some setting somewere. Or do I need to change something on my ntw card?

Check if all your devices are gigabit capable, check if you have good cable and its not damaged. You will not be able to select 1000mbps mode in the setup as gigabit auto negotiates speed (it will work or not, you can't force it).

Find out if the switch downstairs (the FTTB switch that the ISP put somewhere) is gigabit, this is probably where the problem is if you are getting 100/100 speeds and not more than that, since most ISP will save on cable and run you only 2 pairs while leaving the other 2 for a neighbor. As for the switch its usually a 10/100 with a gigabit uplink to the ISP something like: http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/product/des-3526-xstack-24-port-10-100mbps-stackable-switch

There is a small chance the cable that links you up to the switch is damaged (a wire inside is broken, a jack has not been properly attached etc...) While we are still on the cable topic, ISP's tend to use a thick cable with lots of wires inside then split them, some gigabit equipment might detect too much interference in the cable and work only at 10/100 so trying another NIC might be worth while.

And just for the fun of it i have a P4 running with an integrated gig NIC that still pulls ~800mbps so your pc should be fine :)

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Tx dudes for the help. I olso think the problem is somewere on my IPS side. Just for LOL the guys said i'm the first in my town with such speed. So I think they did not make the proper settings somewere. I live in a buildings with 20 apart. and they have a big box in 2 lvl. They work a lot there. Just 5 min ago they call me and said tomorrow a team will be here with a good laptop to test that I don't have a "crapy" Pc.

Set to Auto-Negotiation? Unless your internet connection is over 100Mbps or Storage/NAS connection. You won't be getting Gigabit Lan. Some old routers only limited to 100Mbps as well.