Speaker + microphone for TS?

xc3ll

Hey Guys,

is there some way to use teamspeak with a dedicated mic and speakers? I certainly don't want others to hear themselves or my ingame-sounds, so I was wondering if there is some solution with a directional mic or active noise canceling.

I'm kind of an audio-noob and of course I know, that using a headset is the obivous option. I was just wondering, if there is an alternative, that still provides high quality audio on my and the other side.

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

There is almost no way to completely block out in-game sounds and others voices if you are using speakers of any kind at a normal volume. 

Question: Why do you wish to use speakers while playing games and using VOIP?

Modmic 4 or 5 + quality headphones will provide high quality on both sides.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

It's a crazy game of finding the right volume and the right mic settings and possibly software side noise canceling to make it work. As @d3sl91 said, headphones are a lot easier :)

But if you really want speakers and a mic you'll need a uni-directional mic (ModMic has a Uni directional version, as do most major mic companies) and proper positioning. Then you just tweak the gain on the mic until it can no longer detect the sound coming from your speakers but can still pick up your voice. If the software you use has noise canceling (or your hardware), turning that on may help as well. 

It may be impossible to get it perfect without a lot of gear. I personally don't like having my external speakers very loud so ironically I sometimes use my ModMic with speakers on and I haven't had anyone complain about it (I've also never really tested how much its picking up). The irony being I am sitting there wearing headphones and listening to the speakers (open back headphones).

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!