Will The Server In My Closet Overheat?

SuperShermanTanker

So I just converted a old Athlon 64 x2 machine into a file server and I am running it in my closet to keep the sound down from the fans and I was wondering if the fact that I have a small but tall closet will cause it to overheat the old attic door is in my closet so there is no insulation there but there is a box on top of that so I don't know how much heat that will block also my closet door is fairly high from the floor atleast a bit over a inch so there is some room for air to flow in if there as any heat current flowing through it. So I'm curious will it overheat? And is anyone fimiliar with how hot the old Athlon 64 X2s get and output under mid to light load and at idle?

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

How hot is the room? Thats how you tell. I don't know your room.

the room usually sits arround 70-74 degrees farenheight depending if I have my desktop inside the room running or not if it's not running it sits arround 70 degrees but if I have it running it can from 72 degrees to 74 degrees if I have it running for a while.

1 minute ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

the room usually sits arround 70-74 degrees farenheight depending if I have my desktop inside the room running or not if it's not running it sits arround 70 degrees but if I have it running it can from 72 degrees to 74 degrees if I have it running for a while.

yep thats fine.

also hi again.

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

yep thats fine.

also hi again.

Hello again and PS just want to say those 1U servers are annoying in terms of sound compared to a tower I really should have just converted that old Acer ages ago instead of trying to get a rackmount server going but hay at least I have a little Atom based server to play arround with :P