Ubisoft Actually Did A Really Good Job With For Honor

Orangeator

I have been playing the beta all day today and I have to admit, Ubisoft out did themselves. I have a 280x that can run it on high preset at a very payable frame rate. The optimization is incredible and the graphics are eye candy. I think I just found one of my new favorite games. If all goes well for the rest of this beta I can see me paying that $60 for the game. 

For Honor – Closed Beta2017-1-26-23-16-7.png

Edited by Orangeator
Added Benchmarks

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

im just waiting and hoping that ghost recon wildlands will be good. please dont fuck this up ubisoft

Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K at 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Motherboard: gigabyte Z270X ultra gaming 

Memory: Trident Z rgb 16gb 3000Mhz
Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD Storage2: sandisk ultra II 960gb SSD Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 O8G STRIX  

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X Fans: 2x 120mm NZXT Aer rgb LEDcontroller: NZXT Hue+ LEDstrip: cablemod hybrid-LED/UV 60Cm

peripherals:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Gamepad: Razer Tartarus Mouse: Razer Mamba TE 2015 Chroma Headphones: Logitech G533 Wireless

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM Monitor1: AOC Q2577PWQ 2560X1440 OC'ed to 75 Hz Monitor2: LG 25UM57-P 25.0" 2560x1080 OC'ed to 75Hz 

PCpartpicker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qt76xY

My laptop: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-571G-50VG-Notebook-Computer-i5-5200U/dp/B01CL50JV6

Quote:

If you really want it, go get it.

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

So far after Watch dogs 2, ubisoft has been doing okay.

Besides the DRM bull shit in for honor.

Wild lands will be a letdown, ill tell you that.

Yeah I honestly am amazed how optimized For Honor is, and honestly it is a very enjoyable game. The great part about it, is you don't need to run this game at a solid 60. It's such a cinematic game that even at lower frame rates it seems to get better. It is hard to describe it, it's something you'll have to experience yourself.

2 minutes ago, TommyW2061 said:

im just waiting and hoping that ghost recon wildlands will be good. please dont fuck this up ubisoft

Yeah... The guy above isn't to optimistic about that game.

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

Yeah I honestly am amazed how optimized For Honor is, and honestly it is a very enjoyable game. The great part about it, is you don't need to run this game at a solid 60. It's such a cinematic game that even at lower frame rates it seems to get better. It is hard to describe it, it's something you'll have to experience yourself.

i noticed haha :D. im not going to rush conclusions before i played it myself tho. the the gameplay thats currently on the web looks very promising.

Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K at 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Motherboard: gigabyte Z270X ultra gaming 

Memory: Trident Z rgb 16gb 3000Mhz
Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD Storage2: sandisk ultra II 960gb SSD Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 O8G STRIX  

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X Fans: 2x 120mm NZXT Aer rgb LEDcontroller: NZXT Hue+ LEDstrip: cablemod hybrid-LED/UV 60Cm

peripherals:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Gamepad: Razer Tartarus Mouse: Razer Mamba TE 2015 Chroma Headphones: Logitech G533 Wireless

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM Monitor1: AOC Q2577PWQ 2560X1440 OC'ed to 75 Hz Monitor2: LG 25UM57-P 25.0" 2560x1080 OC'ed to 75Hz 

PCpartpicker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qt76xY

My laptop: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-571G-50VG-Notebook-Computer-i5-5200U/dp/B01CL50JV6

Quote:

If you really want it, go get it.

Companies are learning that people are getting pissed off with all the bullshit, especially for PC releases. Ubisoft is kind of like the old EA at the moment, and they may be reaching the stage that EA did, where they started to make some changes to how they do things. 

There's an increasing number of smaller developers that are winning awards with games that are actually finished and working, while games from big companies like Ubisoft have been riddled with bugs and issues. 

13 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Cause I alpha tested it under a NDA (fuck ubisoft) and its shit...

Open beta is coming out too, and it has online DRM which was one of the main problems in the alpha testing.

You can't play with friends cause of it lmao 

The gameplay is less than mediocre its just boring

The only thing I enjoyed was the tactile feel I guess, Using drones and scouting out the area before creating your strat to enter, Reminded me of arma ish, but they did it in a worse way. 

nice. i'm just started downloading it. guess i'll check it out 

28 minutes ago, Aytex said:

So far after Watch dogs 2, ubisoft has been doing okay.

Wild lands will be a letdown, ill tell you that.

i honestly enjoyed watch dogs 2, but i haven't played it in weeks. just really burned out with all these open-world games. still gonna check out wildlands but it's not lightening up for me 

For Honor is great. Still has some bugs, like restricting to Windowed Mode on laptops. So I have played on my desktop. Great game. Very much fun. Even the PvP is great. It's not one of those "Oh great, PvP ruined the game". Definitely very solid. No graphical issues as far as I've seen. Just some compatability bugs. Tons of modifications and personalization though. Great game. I might actually buy this one.

you know, ubishit actually did a really good job with anno 1404 (except that was done by an independant studio) and then some lawsuit happened and now in the USA it's called "dawn of discoveries" which essentially all but burried the game.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

you know, ubishit actually did a really good job with anno 1404 (except that was done by an independant studio) and then some lawsuit happened and now in the USA it's called "dawn of discoveries" which essentially all but burried the game.

Never played Anno.

Check out this benchmarks on my sub-par hardware. This is on the high preset. Very impressive. 

5 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

For Honor is great. Still has some bugs, like restricting to Windowed Mode on laptops. So I have played on my desktop. Great game. Very much fun. Even the PvP is great. It's not one of those "Oh great, PvP ruined the game". Definitely very solid. No graphical issues as far as I've seen. Just some compatability bugs. Tons of modifications and personalization though. Great game. I might actually buy this one.

Okay see I play on desktop so I didn't know about this. For sure, only played a few rounds of PVP but from what I have experienced, it has been a joy!

For Honor – Closed Beta2017-1-26-23-16-7.png

Out did themself = not fucked it up completly?

And how is the Campaign?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

4 hours ago, Aytex said:

Cause I alpha tested it under a NDA (fuck ubisoft) and its shit...

Open beta is coming out too, and it has online DRM which was one of the main problems in the alpha testing.

You can't play with friends cause of it lmao 

The gameplay is less than mediocre its just boring

The only thing I enjoyed was the tactile feel I guess, Using drones and scouting out the area before creating your strat to enter, Reminded me of arma ish, but they did it in a worse way. 

The last Gameplay looked better. And dont tell me you judge a Game by its Alpha.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

5 hours ago, Praesi said:

The last Gameplay looked better. And dont tell me you judge a Game by its Alpha.

?

I doubt they will change the mechanics, Its literally the division reskinned...

8 hours ago, Praesi said:

Out did themself = not fucked it up completly?

And how is the Campaign?

I don't think there is a Campaign... :( From what I see, it's online only. But you can play against bots. Which is more just like practice.

Well I'm glad to hear that optimisation is good, but whether or not the game itself will be good remains to be seen. 

12 hours ago, manikyath said:

There was a lawsuit? I always wondered why it was called Dawn of Discovery in the USA.

1 minute ago, razor767 said:

There was a lawsuit? I always wondered why it was called Dawn of Discovery in the USA.

i dont remember the details, but it was something something someone got their panties in a knot over the game not being an accurate representation of the year 1404.

essentially, somethig you'd typically expect to come out of *SOMEONE* in the usa xD