Need some quick fan advice

Flavlus

thoughts on the SP120 ... led fans .. need one for my intake and one for my exhaust .. currently using JetFlo fans but they are really loud even with the slowest adapter (resistor)

Although I've never personally used them, I don't really like Corsair's AF/SP series of fans as I think they are not a very good value for money as they are pretty expensive for fairly average fans.

However, if you are settled on Corsair fans, I'd use the AF (Air flow) designed fans for your exhaust (assuming it'll be places at the back of the case)

1 minute ago, FourCorners said:

Although I've never personally used them, I don't really like Corsair's AF/SP series of fans as I think they are not a very good value for money as they are pretty expensive for fairly average fans.

However, if you are settled on Corsair fans, I'd use the AF (Air flow) designed fans for your exhaust (assuming it'll be places at the back of the case)

i can get 2 for $20 nz which is approx = $15 usd

1 minute ago, Flavlus said:

That's a pretty decent price for them then. They aren't particularly bad fans, but they aren't amazing either

3 minutes ago, Flavlus said:

got a link?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

They're good. Might get a bit noisy at high RPM if you don't have them mounted with rubber grommets.

Haven't had any sort of issue with them so far and they've been cooling my H80 for about a year now.

They are a bitch to clean properly, just like any other fan, but more bitchy because of the transparent plastic used on the blades.

I suppose you can call them a 7.5/10 (based on some random metrics I just made up in my mind using personal user experience)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Having shared my personal experience with the SP120s, here's some bonus nachos:

Zach_500749_2753007.jpg

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

I have a pair of SP120's on my s340 and they're quite decent for intakes, they don't get loud until about 60% speed, which iirc is about 1800rpm?

not sure if its just mine though, but the LED brightness changes with the %, so the higher %, the faster the fans spin and the brighter the LED's are ;-;

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

I have a pair of SP120's on my s340 and they're quite decent for intakes, they don't get loud until about 60% speed, which iirc is about 1800rpm?

not sure if its just mine though, but the LED brightness changes with the %, so the higher %, the faster the fans spin and the brighter the LED's are ;-;

I assume they're plugged into the motherboard.

Mine are plugged into the AIO's pump and don't change brightness (I envy you)

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

1 minute ago, revsilverspine said:

I assume they're plugged into the motherboard.

Mine are plugged into the AIO's pump and don't change brightness (I envy you)

Kinda, i have the two of them on a splitter thats on a motherboard header.

I think the varying brightness might be because its a 3pin to 2x 4pins, so its changing the voltage sent through rather than changing the speed with PWM.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Can't go wrong with Noctua fans. They might be pricey but they are damned good.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

11 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Can't go wrong with Noctua fans. They might be pricey but they are damned good.

noctua redux range are good for silence, performance, price, and 6 year warranty 

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

noctua redux range are good for silence, performance, price, and 6 year warranty 

Their customer service is great. I had one of their air coolers, and I had lost some mounting hardware when I was making the switch from an old AMD board to intel Z97.

I emailed them about where I could buy replacement hardware, and they just mailed me the hardware for free, with some free thermal paste.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Their customer service is great. I had one of their air coolers, and I had lost some mounting hardware when I was making the switch from an old AMD board to intel Z97.

I emailed them about where I could buy replacement hardware, and they just mailed me the hardware for free, with some free thermal paste.

idk .. thay are twice the price and no LED 

4 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

in my country we have a special word or title we give to this. we call them good buggers

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 minutes ago, Flavlus said:

idk .. thay are twice the price and no LED 

in computer hardware you buy good stuff or you buy crap stuff covered in LED. Linus actually did a rant about this in one of his early videos

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

in computer hardware you buy good stuff or you buy crap stuff covered in LED. Linus actually did a rant about this in one of his early videos

noctua all look like sh*t, lets face it !! very hard to make a pc look good with them . if you have a nice looking pc you will have good lighting !

1 minute ago, Flavlus said:

noctua all look like sh*t, lets face it !! very hard to make a pc look good with them . if you have a nice looking pc you will have good lighting !

6 year warranty; I have bought cheap 500rpm fans and they wear out and become noisy. when i look back at how much those fans cost and how long they last; I'm not bothered by the fact that Noctua offers 3X the warranty for 2X the price, that is actually a bargain. if you want prettiness go for the corsair fans that do not look like nazi symbols, i think its got ML in the SKU; the "magnetic levitation" fans. i think they have  6 year warranty. I dont have a Corsair because they were not readily available or affordable when i bought my Noctua redux fans

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

7 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

-Thread moved to Air Cooling. Please remember to post in the correct subforum.

thanks'