Scratched Motherboard

Rappelin

So, the idiot I am I managed to scratch my new motherboard when i replaced my old one, right behing the processor.

The PC won't boot with it. Is the scratch, which I believe it is, the problem or might it be something else? 

20170125_081009.jpg

20170125_080959.jpg

Build: GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 780 CPU: Intel i5 4690 MoBo: AsRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB PSU: Seasonic 550W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Obsidian 500R

you've more then likely cut some traces , dead indeed from that. plus warranty wont cover that damage. good luck. 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

14 minutes ago, TheGingerKid said:

you've more then likely cut some traces , dead indeed from that. plus warranty wont cover that damage. good luck. 

Thanks for the confirmation. Guess I'm back to shopping. Have a good day mate!

Build: GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 780 CPU: Intel i5 4690 MoBo: AsRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB PSU: Seasonic 550W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Obsidian 500R

This is irrelevant as it won't solve the problem, but how did you scratch it?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

24 minutes ago, MegaDave91 said:

My guess is they learnt how to use a screw driver in prison. On the outside screw drivers are operated with a turning motion, not so much for stabbing

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

unless you get this 

and reconnect the damaged lines, RMA would be the easier and more expensive option.  

12 hours ago, vaiwalker said:

RMA would be the easier and more expensive option.  

RMA would not cover this.

Unless he bought a 3rd party insurance. Some computer outlets do cover accidental damage, but you have to specifically buy this option.

On 1/25/2017 at 7:02 AM, Rappelin said:

<Snip>

That's a massive arse "scratch"
How on Earth did you do that?

It's not a race to the bottom.

1 hour ago, 0x1e said:

snip

On 1/25/2017 at 9:28 AM, MegaDave91 said:

I have the stock cooler from intel that needs alot of fucking force to attach, and I was scared i would break something (ironically), so i took a flathead screwdriver from the back and tried to work it in place with that.