html/css help

Robots (2005)

so what I am trying to do it do put my logo in the top left hang corner of the page, then next to it and along the whole top I want a navigation bar,

i have the code for the bar made, and for the logo, i just need to know how to position them where I want them

1 hour ago, SSL said:

.logo,
.navigation {
  float: left;
}

hue

i tried to float it left 

1 minute ago, Robots (2005) said:

i tried to float it left 

Try floating it harder.

.logo,
.navigation {
  float: left !goddamit;
}

If you haven't worked it out yet, you're going to need to post your HTML in order for anyone to make a meaningful suggestion.

10 hours ago, SSL said:

.logo,
.navigation {
  float: left;
}

hue

If they share the same parent, that will cause problems. At least that's what I want to believe.

If you want side by side divs, there's a property to make the divs act like a table: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2637696/how-to-place-div-side-by-side

Personally I find that easier to deal with than messing with floats and positioning.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If they share the same parent, that will cause problems. At least that's what I want to believe.

If you want side by side divs, there's a property to make the divs act like a table: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2637696/how-to-place-div-side-by-side

Personally I find that easier to deal with than messing with floats and positioning.

It won't cause any problems if done properly.

Personally I find it easier to deal with a CSS pre-processor and grid system, which may use any one of several solutions behind the scenes.