I7-2600k

Good day to you all !

i7-2600K@ 4.6 Ghz  1.350v

16 GB Corsair vengeance DDR3 @1833 Ghz 9-10-10-30-1.5v ( O.C) Original : 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 V1.5V

P8Z68 V-Pro

EVGA GTX 970 4GB(LIES)-> 3.5GB:)

Corsair HX850 Gold Certified.

I've had the CPU/Mobo since 2011.The latest CPU  i7 (7700k) has a 50% Increase in performance over my current. Which bears the question should I wait until 8th gen of CPU's and mobo come out , most likely they will introduce better features.I figured that would be really smart

I just use my computer for mainly gaming. To date my PC is still competitive and runs most games at their best with minor tweaks from what I see,when gaming.

I plan anyways in the future to probably  go for an I5 Unlocked this time and an Asus Pro motherboard or deluxe , most likely Pro.

I've check thousands of videos I5 vs i7 when it comes to gaming seems not worth the 100$

I really do plan on playing Star Citizen hence  why Ihought to future proof it and just get the I7 lolol.

I find it so sad my old Pro has way more USB'S then the current Z170 Pro Board on the market :(.

Also budget isnt not limited though I don't want to go all unless It will be very durable and worth it.

What do you my Linus members think !

8th gen should not be releasing in few years, 1 year at least. A 7700k with new mobo and RAM would do. But I would get a new GPU first, I don't see a problem with i7

What are you asking?

If you are still playing all the games you want to just fine, then don't upgrade yet.

Wait and see what AMD brings, and then in turn what intel will bring after that.

When you do end up upgrading, I would recommend at looking at something with 8 threads (i7) instead of an i5 because core count is finally beginning to matter for gaming, and I am sure that it will start becoming even more important over the next while.

When in doubt, re-format.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

What are you asking?

Im wondering If I should go ahead and upgrade my CPU/Mobo to the Z270's. Or wait until the 8th CPU'S comes out, with their new line of motherboard which could introduce more feature or better than those of the current z270's

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

What are you asking?

5 minutes ago, Free_rebel said:

1 minute ago, Free_rebel said:

Im wondering If I should go ahead and upgrade my CPU/Mobo to the Z270's. Or wait until the 8th CPU'S comes out, with their new line of motherboard which could introduce more feature or better than those of the current z270's

don't upgrade, not worth it, you can squeeze few more month to a year worth of performance. the 8800k would be a good upgrade next year or the x99 platform 5820k will be a huge upgrade this year. 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Oh okay I see what you mean. Overall , I think I'm going to wait. I'll keep this GPU I have no problem now , considering how 1070 is somewhat the double performance of the 970 , I also wanted to wait and see the 2000 Series and see how better the would be over the 1070.

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

don't upgrade, not worth it, you can squeeze few more month to a year worth of performance. the 8800k would be a good upgrade next year or the x99 platform 5820k will be a huge upgrade this year. 

Alright thanks ! Yeah X99 lmao way to expensive , I'm no video editor haha

1 minute ago, Free_rebel said:

Nothing groundbreaking is going to come out as long as we're on silicon. You can upgrade to Kabylake right now and next year the new stuff won't do anything more special than what you can get now.

Even then, the 2600k is capable especially when overclocked. Sooo if you have the money to upgrade, you can. I upgraded from a 2500k to a 6500k and I don't regret it, but I also had the money to spend. I didn't gain a whole lot, but the performance improvement was worth it to me.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

They didn't ask a specific question, which is why I asked.

Overall. I wanted to thank you guys , I appreciate the quick responses. Look forward to getting to know this community better. At the end I believe this old baby still kicks ass. And so I'll let it fight for one last year. I will wait until Cannon lake 8TH Gen I believe. Graphics card I'll  wait for new series and going for 70's line or perhaps  SLi we will see ! thank you for all the comments thumbs up !  

No idea how much I torture myself with window shopping ! I just can't wait to get that phantek evolv ATX with my new hardware ! haha

7 minutes ago, Free_rebel said:

Hold on as long as possible. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

12 minutes ago, Free_rebel said:

Good day to you all !

i7-2600K@ 4.6 Ghz  1.350v

16 GB Corsair vengeance DDR3 @1833 Ghz 9-10-10-30-1.5v ( O.C) Original : 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 V1.5V

P8Z68 V-Pro

EVGA GTX 970 4GB(LIES)-> 3.5GB:)

Corsair HX850 Gold Certified.

I've had the CPU/Mobo since 2011.The latest CPU  i7 (7700k) has a 50% Increase in performance over my current. Which bears the question should I wait until 8th gen of CPU's and mobo come out , most likely they will introduce better features.I figured that would be really smart

I just use my computer for mainly gaming. To date my PC is still competitive and runs most games at their best with minor tweaks from what I see,when gaming.

I plan anyways in the future to probably  go for an I5 Unlocked this time and an Asus Pro motherboard or deluxe , most likely Pro.

I've check thousands of videos I5 vs i7 when it comes to gaming seems not worth the 100$

I really do plan on playing Star Citizen hence  why Ihought to future proof it and just get the I7 lolol.

I find it so sad my old Pro has way more USB'S then the current Z170 Pro Board on the market :(.

Also budget isnt not limited though I don't want to go all unless It will be very durable and worth it.

I'd say wait for AMD's new stuff coming out in a month or so, they're likely to release new CPUs competitive in both speed and price.

Though, I doubt you actually need an upgrade any time soon with that set up.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

4 minutes ago, Free_rebel said:

Overall. I wanted to thank you guys , I appreciate the quick responses. Look forward to getting to know this community better. At the end I believe this old baby still kicks ass. And so I'll let it fight for one last year. I will wait until Cannon lake 8TH Gen I believe. Graphics card I'll  wait for new series and going for 70's line or perhaps  SLi we will see ! thank you for all the comments thumbs up ! 

When you think about getting a new video card, do your best to avoid a multi-GPU setup. Even with Nvidia focusing on dual GPUs only and dropping support for three and four-way SLI, problems can still occur that you can easily avoid if you just get the best single card that you can afford.

5 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

When you think about getting a new video card, do your best to avoid a multi-GPU setup. Even with Nvidia focusing on dual GPUs only and dropping support for three and four-way SLI, problems can still occur that you can easily avoid if you just get the best single card that you can afford.

Yeah I've see many videos and commentary that shared your point of view. In my experience. I've always for 70's cards. As technology changes dramatically after a few generations it allows to to maximize performance and a and then after get the next best thing and always going for bang of the buck. 80's are tempting to me but so expensive now. Especially in Canada man lol

Just now, Free_rebel said:

Yeah I've see many videos and commentary that shared your point of view. In my experience. I've always for 70's cards. As technology changes dramatically after a few generations it allows to to maximize performance and a and then after get the next best thing and always going for bang of the buck. 80's are tempting to me but so expensive now. Especially in Canada man lol

Yeah you get a hard diminishing return with the 80+ models unless you actually play at 4k or use VR.

9 minutes ago, ibabyslapper said:

I'd say wait for AMD's new stuff coming out in a month or so, they're likely to release new CPUs competitive in both speed and price.

Though, I doubt you actually need an upgrade any time soon with that set up.

You know. I've never went AMD , Actually the set up I've written now , was my first big computer set up lol. I'll be sure to keep an eye out , my friend. Thanks

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Yeah you get a hard diminishing return with the 80+ models unless you actually play at 4k or use VR.

Yeah, 4K even 144hz is nice , but it's still somewhat new and very expensive to me. I assume hopefully overtime it will come down in price. Im really content with this ASUS 1080P Monitor 23 inch which to me is a huge monitor.  I see 4k's have bigger monitor resolutions feel overwhelming.