Need Mousepad & Mouse

Rexchaos

Hello linustechtips,

I'm looking for a standard sized mousepad that would not show stain or scratches from daily use. I am open to suggestions, not only standard sized and perhaps the longer ones where you could put both your keyboard and mouse on it. For reference I am using a Corsair K65.

I would also require opinion on a gaming mice. I am currently using a aged Razer Abyssus which has lasted me a considerate amount of time. I am looking for a mouse around that size and I use "palm grip".

The games I currently play but not limited to is Dota2, League of Legends and Cs go.

If you're a csgo player, are you sure you want a mousepad that also covers the keyboard? i would think that would imbalance your keyboard if you are the kind of player that turns it. I personally use a steelseries mousepad. It hasn't gathered any stais or anything in the time ive used it, but then again I try not to stain it. Its fully black, though, so I have to wipe it down. RECOMMENDED

For a mouse, if you're already using razer, stick with razer. You could always go offbrand like me for cheap. Otherwise steelseries or logitech. hop out to a store and see the samples if you can.

7 minutes ago, SolarpandaS said:

If you're a csgo player, are you sure you want a mousepad that also covers the keyboard? i would think that would imbalance your keyboard if you are the kind of player that turns it. I personally use a steelseries mousepad. It hasn't gathered any stais or anything in the time ive used it, but then again I try not to stain it. Its fully black, though, so I have to wipe it down. RECOMMENDED

For a mouse, if you're already using razer, stick with razer. You could always go offbrand like me for cheap. Otherwise steelseries or logitech. hop out to a store and see the samples if you can.

For a mouse pad that covers the keyboard its just more for ascetics. Is there any one from steel series that you recommend?

Also I'm using a Razer but I'm honestly sick of their poor quality control. I'm looking at mouses like Zowie FK-2 and all but haven't really decided one for sure yet.

1 minute ago, Rexchaos said:

For a mouse pad that covers the keyboard its just more for ascetics. Is there any one from steel series that you recommend?

Also I'm using a Razer but I'm honestly sick of their poor quality control. I'm looking at mouses like Zowie FK-2 and all but haven't really decided one for sure yet.

This exists but it's hella expensive, idk if there are cheaper deals elsewhere

https://steelseries.com/gaming-mousepads/qck-xxl

i really don't know a lot about mice other than the big few like steelseries logitech and razer. i hear some pros use zowie but I dont know anyone that uses them personally

27 minutes ago, SolarpandaS said:

Not a csgo player, but I do have an extended mousepad. There is zero issues with having the keyboard kinda sitting there while gaming. 

2 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Not a csgo player, but I do have an extended mousepad. There is zero issues with having the keyboard kinda sitting there while gaming. 

dont know the extent to which people turn their keyboard. some turn it a full 70-80 for god knows why

7 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Any suggestions or recommendations for your extended mouse or gaming mouse?

1 minute ago, Rexchaos said:

Any suggestions or recommendations for your extended mouse or gaming mouse?

My own personal set up is the Corsair MM300 mousepad and the Corsair Sabre RGB mouse. The mouse was on sale last easter, but it's a nice fairly inexpensive gaming mouse. 

Check out Reflex Labs mousepads: https://www.reflexlab.net/

I first saw one in a reddit post, and I'll probably buy one next time I need a mousepad. They're thick like the QCK Heavy I currently use, but also have stitched edges to prevent fraying.

As for a mouse, I'm currently using the Logitech G Pro. Hands down best sensor on a mouse I've ever used, I highly recommend it if you're getting into CS.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

13 hours ago, Mooshi said:

My own personal set up is the Corsair MM300 mousepad and the Corsair Sabre RGB mouse. The mouse was on sale last easter, but it's a nice fairly inexpensive gaming mouse. 

I will check those out. Thanks

13 hours ago, spenser_l said:

Check out Reflex Labs mousepads: https://www.reflexlab.net/

I first saw one in a reddit post, and I'll probably buy one next time I need a mousepad. They're thick like the QCK Heavy I currently use, but also have stitched edges to prevent fraying.

As for a mouse, I'm currently using the Logitech G Pro. Hands down best sensor on a mouse I've ever used, I highly recommend it if you're getting into CS.

I will definitely check out the mousepads from Reflex Labs. It looks highly clean and very reasonable price. 

As for the mouse, I have heard great things about it and will think about it. But how does it fare against the Zowie FK1 or FK2?

Z O W I E

O

W

I

E

If you want a serious mousepad, check out artisan. If you're after something more cost efficient, Steelseries Qck is a really solid mat.