Resolution question

sotiris.bos

Does it take the same amount of gpu power to uh, power let's say a 10 inch 4K display and a 30 inch 4K display? I realise the amount of pixels is the same on both screens (provided they run on the same 4K standard) but my brain tells me that the 30 inch should require more computing power. I am only reffering to pc hardware and monitors, not tablets, phones or whatever else.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

Pixels are pixels. The size of them doesn't influence anything.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Does it take the same amount of gpu power to uh, power let's say a 10 inch 4K display and a 30 inch 4K display? I realise the amount of pixels is the same on both screens (provided they run on the same 4K standard) but my brain tells me that the 30 inch should require more computing power. I am only reffering to pc hardware and monitors, not tablets, phones or whatever else.

Yes, it takes the exact same amount of processing power.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's processing the same amount of pixels, so no.

Think of it this way, when you're answering questions on a test, you do the same amount of thinking no matter how big (font size) the text is

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Think of it this way, when you're answering questions on a test, you do the same amount of thinking no matter how big (font size) the text is

Wow really liked that analogy. I guess 1080p and above phones/tablets do have some decent hardware in them and are not just marketing schemes. Thank you all very much.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

It might require more electrical power to run a larger display but it doesn't require more processing power, this is because the GPU has to draw frames and calculate pixels, the processing power needed depends on the number of pixels that need to be calculated and not the size of the pixels

The only difference is that the monitor would pull much more power from the wall, but the GPU output is identical, assuming the monitors take the same exact connection, are the same panel type, and are the same refresh rate. Even then the difference is probably less than 0.1 of a frame, if not a fraction of it. If you took a 30" monitor and put it through that chocolate thing from Willy Wonka, it would be the exact same.

Spoiler

Pixels are pixels. The size of them doesn't influence anything.

this.

short answer of mine: Yes, i takes same performance.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

your brain cells are intelligently telling you that your logic is uncomplete.which brings you on this forum to realise you were wrong. My respect, you are not ignorant. B)

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.