JPEG + RAW file seperation

J_Sige

Im shooting on my canon t6i in both jpeg and raw simultaneously, Is there anyway to separate the two files into two different folders automatically while shooting?

4 hours ago, J_Sige said:

Im shooting on my canon t6i in both jpeg and raw simultaneously, Is there anyway to separate the two files into two different folders automatically while shooting?

If your camera has dual memory card slots, you can natively set in the camera menu to save RAW files to one card and JPEG files to another card.  If the camera doesn't have dual memory card slots (and your T6i doesn't) then perhaps there may be a firmware hack/trick (I'm thinking CHDK or Magic Lantern) that may offer you this feature, if it supports it at all.

Why do you want to separate RAW and JPEG files?  You can just move the JPEG files to another folder when you load the memory card on your computer?  If you use Lightroom, it actually does a good job at organizing things for people who shoot RAW+JPEG.  It doesn't automatically put them in separate folders, which you can do yourself manually in LR or just keep them stacked.

http://laurashoe.com/2012/10/16/rawjpeg-continued-managing-rawjpeg-files-in-lightroom/

Also, is there any particular reason why you're shooting RAW + JPEG, all the time?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins