F@H Vs Gigabyte Warranty

So I have just discovered that my new PC can get 800K PPD on F@H. So I figured I'd bang out as much as I can for a continuous month to see if get the creaser badge on the forums :P

But does doing so void my Gigabyte Warranty?

I've got both a gigabyte GPU and motherboard. Both apparently have a 3 year warranty.

I don't see how that could possibly void your warranty!  You should be able to run it 24/7 for the entire warranty period as far as I'm concerned.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

9 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

So I have just discovered that my new PC can get 800K PPD on F@H. So I figured I'd bang out as much as I can for a continuous month to see if get the creaser badge on the forums :P

But does doing so void my Gigabyte Warranty?

I've got both a gigabyte GPU and motherboard. Both apparently have a 3 year warranty.

No. Using your PC won't void anything.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Unless you hit it with a hammer you'll be fine. You won't void the warranty by just using the hardware lol

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Sorry I have to ask, What is 800K PPD on F@H. Most of all, What is F@H ? Think I'm having a Homer moment  "Doh"

15 minutes ago, Blackshuck said:

Sorry I have to ask, What is 800K PPD on F@H. Most of all, What is F@H ? Think I'm having a Homer moment  "Doh"

Basically, your computer does complex calculations for science.

https://folding.stanford.edu

Thanks I will look at this. as long as its the computer and not me LoL

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

The reason I was asking is because f@h for a month is more than gaming...

Not really. It's a bit more stressful, sure, but it so bad when you compare it to some of the stuff we crunch at Boinc...

54 minutes ago, Blackshuck said:

All of your answer should be here: 

In sum, F@H (and Boinc) you donate spare computational power to researchers all over the world.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

My only fear would be running it 24/7/365 then having it wear out just after the warranty... 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

16 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

My only fear would be running it 24/7/365 then having it wear out just after the warranty... 

long as the card is cooled well air or water. you'll be fine. you'll most likely want to upgrade before the card would give out.