Why is my port forwarding not working

TheMidnightNarwhal

Ok let's go over this again.I literally can't play siege or forza 3, it's like my ports forward do not work at all. Canyouseeme says my ports are closed.

Ok so my IPV4 on my PC is 192.168.0.102 

oe5RXyu.png

This is my port forward screen.

jY53ri7.png

2 minutes ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

I removed 10 addresses in my DHCP so I get a static address. I put that address in my network card, subnet and gateway. In DNS I put 8.8.8.8 . Then I change my port forwards to that static IP and it doesn't work. If I set to DHCP and change back my port forward to my IPV4 it works, my NAT is open instead of moderate.

Alright, what are you trying to do exactly? What router/gateway model do you have have also?

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Alright, what are you trying to do exactly? What router/gateway model do you have have also?

Port forward. TP LINK Archer C7 Router. My internet works in both situations to.

1 minute ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Port forward. TP LINK Archer C7 Router. My internet works in both situations to.

Ok, what are you trying to port forward? DCHP automatically assigns an IP within a home network, if you want to assign them a static IP within your network you'll need to assign an IP to the MAC address of each device. Port warding can then be done for whatever ports you want to each device. Make sure you have selected the right port, the firewall of the device is configured to let traffic through on that port and that your ISP doesn't mind you hosting or using internet services in that way. 

http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-72.html refer to that to make sure it's the same and all correct. 

Yours faithfully

Have you tried rebooting the router after adjusting the DHCP scope and assigning the static IP address? That shouldn't be the issue but I've seen stranger things happen.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Ok, what are you trying to port forward? DCHP automatically assigns an IP within a home network, if you want to assign them a static IP within your network you'll need to assign an IP to the MAC address of each device. Port warding can then be done for whatever ports you want to each device. Make sure you have selected the right port, the firewall of the device is configured to let traffic through on that port and that your ISP doesn't mind you hosting or using internet services in that way. 

http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-72.html refer to that to make sure it's the same and all correct. 

I'm forwarding ports.

I know what DHCP does. I let 10 addresses out of DHCP and then in my network adapter I enter the IP. Then in port forward I put the IP of my computer to the port forwards. My NAT is moderate but my internet works.If I revert to get DHCP on my network adapter and change the port to my IP my NAT is open.

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Have you tried rebooting the router after adjusting the DHCP scope and assigning the static IP address? That shouldn't be the issue but I've seen stranger things happen.

Yes, it prompts me to reboot.

Like I said though, my internet access works fine and the other devices to.

2 minutes ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Could it be because of my DNS I set?  I don't see how it could.

Nah, DNS is just how the host would resolve blahblah.com to x.x.x.x, not the other way around, so that part should be fine.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Nah, DNS is just how the host would resolve blahblah.com to x.x.x.x, not the other way around, so that part should be fine.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

4 minutes ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

I'm forwarding ports.

I know what DHCP does. I let 10 addresses out of DHCP and then in my network adapter I enter the IP. Then in port forward I put the IP of my computer to the port forwards. My NAT is moderate but my internet works.If I revert to get DHCP on my network adapter and change the port to my IP my NAT is open.

Generally we refer to the network card in the PC as the network adaptor, not the router. What ports are you trying to open? Do you wanna host a website or something? It might make it easier to understand what's wrong if you tell us what you're trying to do. 

Yours faithfully

2 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Generally we refer to the network card in the PC as the network adaptor, not the router. What ports are you trying to open? Do you wanna host a website or something? It might make it easier to understand what's wrong if you tell us what you're trying to do. 

That's what I'm saying also, network adapter is my wifi card.

It's a couple of ports for Uplay and games.

1 minute ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Ah, Games need UDP protocols usually as well as TCP, as such are much harder to port (for some reason there is a higher fail rate). You need to configure the router not the WiFi card, routing over WiFi isn't advised, a wired connection is preferred. Testing UDP ports is hard, especially on 10 different machines, are they servers or just regular PC's?

Yours faithfully

10 minutes ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Can you post a screenshot of the port forwarding page when it is and isn't working?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

50 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Ah, Games need UDP protocols usually as well as TCP, as such are much harder to port (for some reason there is a higher fail rate). You need to configure the router not the WiFi card, routing over WiFi isn't advised, a wired connection is preferred. Testing UDP ports is hard, especially on 10 different machines, are they servers or just regular PC's?

I feel like you didn't read at all.

45 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Can you post a screenshot of the port forwarding page when it is and isn't working?

I just noticed I went moderate on the DHCP. I think it's random, probably missing a port or something.

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

2 hours ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Ok let's go over this again.I literally can't play siege or forza 3, it's like my ports forward do not work at all. Canyouseeme says my ports are closed.

Ok so my IPV4 on my PC is 192.168.0.2 

oe5RXyu.png

This is my port forward screen.

jY53ri7.png

Windows Firewall?

2 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

Windows Firewall?

I turned it back off it works, but it was off earlier and didn't work. I'll see how that goes...

Why are you bothering with port forwarding? just configure upnp or masquerading.

As long as your firewall isn't blocking coms on the ports you're fine.

30 minutes ago, Blake said:

Why are you bothering with port forwarding? just configure upnp or masquerading.

As long as your firewall isn't blocking coms on the ports you're fine.

My upnp is enabled and I still had issues.

2 hours ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

My upnp is enabled and I still had issues.

Canyouseeme.org can only see TCP ports, UDP isn't tested, do you live in an apartment? Because they use a NAT type network with a single connection to the building sometimes, 

5 hours ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

I feel like you didn't read at all.

You have one device with 10 port forwarding protocols, not 10 addresses. At this point just put your PC in the DMZ zone of your router to allow connection outside. That should work pretty much for any port after that, although your PC will exposed somewhat. Also try looking at the WAN connection protocols, they can sometimes be blocked for safety. 

Yours faithfully

8 hours ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Canyouseeme.org can only see TCP ports, UDP isn't tested, do you live in an apartment? Because they use a NAT type network with a single connection to the building sometimes, 

You have one device with 10 port forwarding protocols, not 10 addresses. At this point just put your PC in the DMZ zone of your router to allow connection outside. That should work pretty much for any port after that, although your PC will exposed somewhat. Also try looking at the WAN connection protocols, they can sometimes be blocked for safety. 

No I live at home.

I put my PC in the DMZ and it didn't seem to work, I'll have to test it more I guess.

OP your port forwarding is correct (assuming all the port numbers are correct). It must be something like your firewall blocking the connection. Open those ports in the firewall too and it should work.

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

OP your port forwarding is correct (assuming all the port numbers are correct). It must be something like your firewall blocking the connection. Open those ports in the firewall too and it should work.

I just flat out disabled it. Network security side, I'm not as knowledgable; can any really bad things happens if my firewall is open? After all I still have the router right, which only has certain open ports.