Help with headphone jack

r4dv1s

Hi, so I broke headphone jack off my headphones and now its stuck in my phone(Nexus 5X). My phone always had very strong locking mechanism for headphones, so even with normal plug it is hard to pull out the jack, but nows it's broken inside! I tried with glue and pen trick, but I think i overdid with the glue a bit, so I guess there is even superglue inside there... I would try with pliers, but the hole is too small to put them in... Any ideas? I need help, because i can't call with my phone, because it recognises that it has plugged heaphones in, unless I put in loudspeaker mode, then I can talk, but I dont want to talk like that in public... Maybe there is an app that does some magic so it could work for phone calls? Thanks for the help.

Take the back off of your phone. I know the back is non-removable, but look at a teardown guide of it and you'll know how to remove it. If you're lucky you will have enough room to remove the plug by that point, if not, take it to a phone repair store to let them remove it.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

1 minute ago, tomaatvk said:

Take the back off of your phone. I know the back is non-removable, but look at a teardown guide of it and you'll know how to remove it. If you're lucky you will have enough room to remove the plug by that point, if not, take it to a phone repair store to let them remove it.

Well it still has warranty, but i don't think so that they are going to fix it. And if i teardown the phone, it might break the warranty, i don't know this stuff so i won't risk doing it myself. I guess the best shot temporarily is to get some sort of program and then take it to repair store, as you suggested it.

45 minutes ago, r4dv1s said:

Well it still has warranty, but i don't think so that they are going to fix it. And if i teardown the phone, it might break the warranty, i don't know this stuff so i won't risk doing it myself. I guess the best shot temporarily is to get some sort of program and then take it to repair store, as you suggested it.

A warranty won't fix user error (which is what breaking a TRS connector inside a headphone jack falls under.) so your only choices are to do either of the two posted above.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

2 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

A warranty won't fix user error (which is what breaking a TRS connector inside a headphone jack falls under.) so your only choices are to do either of the two posted above.

Well i won't do it myself, so I guess i'll need to bring it to a person who knows how to fix this kind of stuff.

13 minutes ago, r4dv1s said:

Well i won't do it myself, so I guess i'll need to bring it to a person who knows how to fix this kind of stuff.

looks like it.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

There is a tool, the GripStick, specifically designed to easily solve this problem without having to disassemble the device, use glue, drilling, or any other unsafe method. It also works for any mobile device, tablet, computer, or any other electronic equipment that has a 3.5mm headphone jack. The name of the tool is GripStick, and it was successfully funded via a Kickstarter campaign. Watch it in action here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii5OKvtNxe4

You can order one here:

http://nightek.com/