Where to buy phones in Australia

What are some good stores that sell Chinese phones in Australia. I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 that I bought from BuyMobile. Great phone, good price, but I won't ever but from BuyMobile again. They loaded the phone with adware that took me days to remove, and there are still traces of shit in the phone. Any suggestions on decent places to buy from (that don't load phones with adware/bloatware)?

1 hour ago, joshfrog said:

if you get a chinese phone you may get crapware installed no matter what. have you tried online stores outside of aus?

You usually can find custom roms for them, unblocking boot loader is easy and install custom recovery, you don't have root if you don't want want to. 

Magical Pineapples

On 21/01/2017 at 10:29 PM, joshfrog said:

if you get a chinese phone you may get crapware installed no matter what. have you tried online stores outside of aus?

I've considered something like Amazon. According to reviews from other owners of the same phone I got, there wasn't any bloatware. The place I bought from does have a history of installing crap on phones, but honestly, who doesn't these days. I guess what I'm looking for is a decent store to buy a cheap phone from, hopefully one that doesn't hard bake tens of applications onto the device. And while some little-known companies might make crap phones filled with bloatware, Xiaomi is a very popular manufacturer even outside of China, and they outsold both Samsung and Apple in China. In this case, I don't think they are to blame for the adware.

On 22/01/2017 at 0:18 AM, MrUnknownEMC said:

You usually can find custom roms for them, unblocking boot loader is easy and install custom recovery, you don't have root if you don't want want to. 

Also, yes, I tried installing some custom roms and they helped, but the phone still has strange apps or permissions that popup every now and then. I completely disabled the major source of the adware, but honestly I'd rather not go through all that and I shouldn't have to.

All in all it's quite hard to find a place to buy good, cheap phones in Australia. The only options I see are iPhones and expensive Android phones, and I don't wanna pay over 1000 dollars for something that I'll replace in a year.

9 hours ago, SlackAssassin said:

I've considered something like Amazon. According to reviews from other owners of the same phone I got, there wasn't any bloatware. The place I bought from does have a history of installing crap on phones, but honestly, who doesn't these days. I guess what I'm looking for is a decent store to buy a cheap phone from, hopefully one that doesn't hard bake tens of applications onto the device. And while some little-known companies might make crap phones filled with bloatware, Xiaomi is a very popular manufacturer even outside of China, and they outsold both Samsung and Apple in China. In this case, I don't think they are to blame for the adware.

Also, yes, I tried installing some custom roms and they helped, but the phone still has strange apps or permissions that popup every now and then. I completely disabled the major source of the adware, but honestly I'd rather not go through all that and I shouldn't have to.

All in all it's quite hard to find a place to buy good, cheap phones in Australia. The only options I see are iPhones and expensive Android phones, and I don't wanna pay over 1000 dollars for something that I'll replace in a year.

If you want to buy china branded phone, website like alliexpress usually have most of the popular ones at pretty decent prices but shipping time is usually quite long. 

Magical Pineapples