Would i need a laser printer?

applesuxD

I am currently using a Pixma MG3570.

The notes i make are ok, just one major issue:

I use onenote to copy diagrams from educational sites for self use. But the diagrams come out very faint and almost non existent. Such that i have to draw it myself..  (Even at full ink, i also use the original ink cartridge from canon)

Im looking to get a laser printer as i heard it is better for handling things like diagrams and printing them out to be clearer and darker.

Any solutions to this asides from getting a laser printer?

Thanks! :D

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Huh, I've never had such an issue before. Are your toner cartridges clean? Try taking one out and wiping the inked area with a wet and dry tissue to clear any dried ink and print again. I haven't had any issues to the point where Idk what my canon mg5320 is, I'd assume it's inkjet. 

It depends on a particular printer model. But if you only print many black & white stuff, where less than 40% of paper is painted, then yes, this might be good for you. But consumables for laser printer are expensive, so find out if your desired model's cartridge can be refilled (don't look on official websites, they will tell that you can't).

IF you print a lot, laserjet printers are the way to go. You will, in the long run, spend less money per page on a laserjet printer, not to mention they print faster, which for me is a plus. I am not sure I've had any issues with quality of the ink on a laserjet printer. Then again I've owned an inkjet printer and I didn't have much issue with that either. It is possible that the resolution or quality of the images that you are creating are carrying over when printing, and if that is the case, then neither printer will help you.

3 hours ago, Undertaker225 said:

IF you print a lot, laserjet printers are the way to go. You will, in the long run, spend less money per page on a laserjet printer, not to mention they print faster, which for me is a plus. I am not sure I've had any issues with quality of the ink on a laserjet printer. Then again I've owned an inkjet printer and I didn't have much issue with that either. It is possible that the resolution or quality of the images that you are creating are carrying over when printing, and if that is the case, then neither printer will help you.

Would there be much of a solution to alter the diagrams such that they can be printed with ease? Currently i am screen clipping from educational sites..

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

10 minutes ago, applesuxD said:

Would there be much of a solution to alter the diagrams such that they can be printed with ease? Currently i am screen clipping from educational sites..

Other than basic media enhancements, I'm afraid I am not aware of anything to fix that problem. I wish I could help, but I don't mess with photos as often as some of the other people on this forum do.

I did find a link that might help you with this issue - assuming of course that your issue actually resides in the quality of the images or snipping: http://www.howtogeek.com/105952/3-simple-ways-to-improve-low-resolution-images-and-typography/

Good Luck, and sorry that I couldn't help more.

If there's one thing I love about laser printers: they don't have a shelf life. The last time I had an inkjet, the cartridges only lasted a handful of pages because I print so infrequently that the ink basically dries up before I have a chance to use it all. Or at least that's what I want to believe.

If you want recommendations for a printer though, the ones from this list work: http://gear.lifehacker.com/brother-s-hl-l2340dw-monochrome-laser-printer-completel-1769421113

I have the one they recommended. And in the infinite words of wisdom from Apple (/s), it just works. Seriously. I keep it in a corner and that one page print I do every other month I do, it just turns on, prints with the same quality as the day it was unboxed, and goes right back to sleep.

13 hours ago, Undertaker225 said:

Other than basic media enhancements, I'm afraid I am not aware of anything to fix that problem. I wish I could help, but I don't mess with photos as often as some of the other people on this forum do.

I did find a link that might help you with this issue - assuming of course that your issue actually resides in the quality of the images or snipping: http://www.howtogeek.com/105952/3-simple-ways-to-improve-low-resolution-images-and-typography/

<3, seldom people even bothering to reply,so i really appreciate it! Thanks :))

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/01/2017 at 1:39 AM, Undertaker225 said:

Any recommendations on where i can get cheaper toners?

9 hours ago, applesuxD said:

Any recommendations on where i can get cheaper toners?

I haven't really touched any other printers with the exclusion of HP printers. But I have found that the toner for my laser-jet printer to be 2-3x cheaper on Amazon than in local retail stores and works just as well.