What's a good starting motherboard

MarkK

So I've been wondering what motherboard I should get for my first build, but I need some help. My budget is $400. I would like for the motherboard to be good for gaming, 3D modeling, and video rendering. The other thing is that I would like it too have a good amount of io and I would like rgb lighting but it isn't necessary.sorry one more thing is that I would also like it to use intel processors . The format doesn't really matter for me because I'm building the computer around the motherboard. 

So $400 for the mobo or also with CPU too?

1 minute ago, MarkK said:

No I was just thinking the mobo 

Not worth it IMO....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, MarkK said:

No I was just thinking the mobo 

Hell that's a lot for just a mobo. How much can you spend on the rest components? Look for X99 mobos idk.

Ok I'll look at the X99's then. Yeah I have quite a bit of money to throw around right now. 

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Hell that's a lot for just a mobo. How much can you spend on the rest components? Look for X99 mobos idk.

I thought he was talking about the whole system for a second... :P Was wondering how the hell he was getting RGB mobo with that kind of budget.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

2 minutes ago, MarkK said:

Ok I'll look at the X99's then. Yeah I have quite a bit of money to throw around right now. 

tumblr_n6eejhw8BB1taao3wo1_500.gif

I would recommend the X99 Deluxe II

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

26 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

tumblr_n6eejhw8BB1taao3wo1_500.gif

I would recommend the X99 Deluxe II

Thanks for the recommendation. It looks high quality and has the original colors I was looking for. rog_performance_3_main.png