laptop cooling pad

27 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

MSI US allows for repasting as long as you don't break anything in the process. Also liquid metal voids your warranty everywhere officially, but most people have 0 issue getting warranty on them because so little people actually use it and so few go to warranty that the average Dell or MSI tech guy doesn't know what to look for. If you're looking for a good standard paste, then it's gelid Gc. Also, always test with a standard paste before hand, and when using liquid metal, I'd get super88 tape as insurance. Look at how iunlock does it in the thread I linked above. 

That is because only 0.001% of the laptops they get in has gotten a repaste, so most of the time they don't even bother looking at the CPU with the heatsink off. So if you don't break anything with the LM and the CPU doesn't fail, then you are pretty much in the clear.

OFC I cannot guarantee this, because I don't want to get sued, because you might be unlucky...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

That is because only 0.001% of the laptops they get in has gotten a repaste, so most of the time they don't even bother looking at the CPU with the heatsink off. So if you don't break anything with the LM and the CPU doesn't fail, then you are pretty much in the clear.

OFC I cannot guarantee this, because I don't want to get sued, because you might be unlucky...

Because my MSI has a tamper sticker over a screw hole. Figured I'm stuck with what I got then?

17 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Because my MSI has a tamper sticker over a screw hole. Figured I'm stuck with what I got then?

And you don't think there are ways around that?

I think there are some guids online to removing those and putting them back on, heck one of my friends got a MSI laptop with such a sticker, no screw under it...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

20 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

they literally don't matter. MSI has them as precautions. They will honor the warranty even if it is off. Take note this is NA. If you are not in NA, call your local MSI center to confirm. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

recently saw this too... might be helpful for anyone else that has similar question about cooling pads