Aftermarket coolers for my 970?

So i have found that my GTX 970 craps out when overclocking after it hits 60C, so i need something other the whats on my 970 G1. so whats a good GPU cooler that isnt super expensive, iv looked at the Acelero coolers but they are almost as much as getting a new GTX 970 off the used market -_- im also open to getting a better GPU but what i feel i need right now is a better CPU and not GPU. anyway what are my options in getting custom coolers for my 970? what thermalpaste should i get? i dont really want to spend more then $50 but max budget would be $70 if i can get something that will keep it under 60C at all times. thanks for any help and any replies :D Im in the EU btw

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Use an NZXT G10

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

So i have found that my GTX 970 craps out when overclocking after it hits 60C, so i need something other the whats on my 970 G1. so whats a good GPU cooler that isnt super expensive, iv looked at the Acelero coolers but they are almost as much as getting a new GTX 970 off the used market -_- im also open to getting a better GPU but what i feel i need right now is a better CPU and not GPU. anyway what are my options in getting custom coolers for my 970? what thermalpaste should i get? i dont really want to spend more then $50 but max budget would be $70 if i can get something that will keep it under 60C at all times. thanks for any help and any replies :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W05287015&cm_re=accelero-_-35-186-097-_-Product

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

So i have found that my GTX 970 craps out when overclocking after it hits 60C, so i need something other the whats on my 970 G1. so whats a good GPU cooler that isnt super expensive, iv looked at the Acelero coolers but they are almost as much as getting a new GTX 970 off the used market -_- im also open to getting a better GPU but what i feel i need right now is a better CPU and not GPU. anyway what are my options in getting custom coolers for my 970? what thermalpaste should i get? i dont really want to spend more then $50 but max budget would be $70 if i can get something that will keep it under 60C at all times. thanks for any help and any replies :D

Dude your card getting to 60C isn't a problem that'll effect overclocking. They can get up to 90 without issue (if you expand the thermal limit to be there). Either you need more voltage, or that's as far as your chip can go, which no cooler will change.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

those are €89 here, should edit and say im in Sweden

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

those are €89 here, should edit and say im in Sweden

I should've remembered that.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

1 minute ago, tarfeef101 said:

Dude your card getting to 60C isn't a problem that'll effect overclocking. They can get up to 90 without issue (if you expand the thermal limit to be there). Either you need more voltage, or that's as far as your chip can go, which no cooler will change.

it is. its fine no matter what untill it gets up to 60C where it craps out, throws artifacts everywhere and crashes. the Maxwell architecture really likes to stay cool

Builds:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, PigWithAMustache said:

Use an NZXT G10

il take a look but dont you need to get AIO coolers for those too?

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

il take a look but dont you need to get AIO coolers for those too?

Oh yeah you do, you can get away with an H60

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

1 minute ago, PigWithAMustache said:

H60s go for $50+ used here, il take a look but i doubt those are $10

Builds:

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, PigWithAMustache said:

hmm seems its actiually acceptably priced, its going to be $70 to do so i might not because its more then i want to spend tbh

Builds:

Spoiler

looks like im going to get a Accelero TwinTurbo 3, its $50 with shipping and seems to keep 970s  at under 50C

Builds:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

it is. its fine no matter what untill it gets up to 60C where it craps out, throws artifacts everywhere and crashes. the Maxwell architecture really likes to stay cool

My 980s disagree with your statement. They worked fine all the way up into the 80s (didn't get hotter than that). I say worked because now they're under water, so obviously they're not over 60 anymore.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

1 hour ago, tarfeef101 said:

My 980s disagree with your statement. They worked fine all the way up into the 80s (didn't get hotter than that). I say worked because now they're under water, so obviously they're not over 60 anymore.

yes but each card is different. Maxwell WILL overclock better on lower temps and usiually by quite a bit. my card craps if its overclocked and hits 60C, i doubt verry many other 970s do but mine does

Builds:

Spoiler