Hello all,

I not super new to the forum, but I just now made an account. I thought that some might be interested in this topic. I also wanted to see if anyone could give me more info on it other than what the article states.  Basically what I've picked up and understood from the article is that Intel wants people to go to Facebook and sign up for this app, so that when your computer has idle processing power when you're not doing very much, it donates it into this vast intertwining bundle of other computers around the world who are doing the same thing, which in turn creates a "virtual supercomputer" so that scientists can use that supercomputers power as a resource to help find cures for diseases like Cancer, AIDS, and Alzheimer's. It's called "Progress Thru Processors" Apparently it's been going on for a while, but it's suddenly starting to pick up popularity again. That's about all I've got. Sure I've built my computer and know a solid amount about computers, I still don't totally understand the whole concept of this and/or how it's possible. Any thoughts, comments, or ideas are welcome. Thanks!

For those who want to read for themselves, here is the link:
http://iq.intel.com/iq/39550039/donate-your-computer-s-unused-processing-power-for-the-greater-good

-Wubnaught

It is basicly folding at home which has been around a long time

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Welcome to the forum,its like folding@home/boinc

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

"To cure cancer" is such an asinine statement.

It's literally like saying "to cure disease" there are hundrands of thousands of different cancer typeth

Those were just the words they used. I know there's hundreds of different kinds. But I wasn't going to make a title listing all the diseases that it could possibly cure.

Those were just the words they used. I know there's hundreds of different kinds. But I wasn't going to make a title listing all the diseases that it could possibly cure.

My rant wasn't really directed towards you, the stupid media just keeps saying stupid things and it gets on my nerves.

It is basicly boinc, it even says so in the advanced tabs:

Uz9xvUQ.png
Still very cool, because that way more people will know about it due to the social media implementation.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

This is quite brilliant actually. It's on Facebook and it has Intels name on it -> this might become more popular for common people than folding at home or boinc.

If Intel simply replaced their own purpouse-less burn suite and used F@H to burn in every processor they make instead for 24 hours, they would actually contribute instead of faking it through making their customers do it for them.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

If Intel simply replaced their own purpouse-less burn suite and used F@H to burn in every processor they make instead for 24 hours, they would actually contribute instead of faking it through making their customers do it for them.

Excellent idea!