Need help choosing fans!

just tilt

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FYhtNN

Fan Support Front: 2x 140/2x120mm 
Top: 1x 140/120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fans Included) 
Rear: 1x 120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fan Included)

In the S340 come 2 fans pre-installed, 1 at the top (120mm FN V2 Fan) and 1 in the back (120mm FN V2 Fan)
Which 2 fans would you buy and where would you mount them, and would they be intake fans or exhaust fans?
Maybe some NF-S12A-PWM or NF-P12-PWM?
By the way, how many fans can you connect with a G2 550w? 3?

I have a S340 Elite and use the fans that it came with. Why do you want to change the fans? For fancy RGB? Are you not getting enough cooling?

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

i'd put the two fans it comes with in the front, and put a third in the back, and call it a day.

Which third? What fan would you choose?

1 minute ago, TomR said:

I have a S340 Elite and use the fans that it came with. Why do you want to change the fans? For fancy RGB? Are you not getting enough cooling?

Nope, don't really care about RGB
I haven't built it yet, so i'm wondering if i should put extra fans in it

i'd put the two fans it comes with in the front, and put a third in the back, and call it a day.

Not a bad idea. I'm going to give that a try in conjunction with the 120mm radiator on the front, then add another fan on the black

IMG_0177.JPG

1 minute ago, just tilt said:

the same or similar to what's in there already, depending on local availability.

1 minute ago, just tilt said:

Nope, don't really care about RGB
I haven't built it yet, so i'm wondering if i should put extra fans in it

The other guys idea is not a bad one at all, I might do it. But I have the normal fans in the normal place and my temperatures are very cool.

Just now, TomR said:

The other guys idea is not a bad one at all, I might do it. But I have the normal fans in the normal place and my temperatures are very cool.

i'm a front->back airflow setup guy, it just makes more sense in my mind than trying to pull in air trough the top, or exhaust it up to before it actually went past something that needs cooling.

from experimenting with my define R5 and the rest of my specs (on my profile ;)) i found that two fans in the front is honestly enough for the average gaming rig, but lose "pressure" rather quick if the dust filter gets clogged, to which the one rear fan is a nice aid.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'm a front->back airflow setup guy, it just makes more sense in my mind than trying to pull in air trough the top, or exhaust it up to before it actually went past something that needs cooling.

from experimenting with my define R5 and the rest of my specs (on my profile ;)) i found that two fans in the front is honestly enough for the average gaming rig, but lose "pressure" rather quick if the dust filter gets clogged, to which the one rear fan is a nice aid.

Yeah it makes complete sense haha. I'm going to change my top fan that the case came with to the front on top of my Kraken radiator

17 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Can i PM you so you can help me with choosing the third fan bud?

I'd keep the front open and get a AIO cooler and mount the rad to the front. But i just like the look of AIO colleges better then air coolers so that's just me

Just now, Jamtoad said:

I'd keep the front open and get a AIO cooler and mount the rad to the front. But i just like the look of AIO colleges better then air coolers so that's just me

Don't think i will purchasing a AIO cooler but thank you :)

3 minutes ago, just tilt said:

if you dont know what to pick, get the same fan as the case comes with.

2 minutes ago, just tilt said:

Just get anyfan. Fans are fans. 

Like a static pressure corsair fan. If sound is a concern and fans matching color is not get any noctua fan 

1 minute ago, Jamtoad said:

Just get anyfan. Fans are fans. 

Like a static pressure corsair fan. If sound is a concern and fans matching color is not get any noctua fan 

if you dont know what to pick, get the same fan as the case comes with.

Do i pick a static pressure or airflow fan to be the exhaust one?

5 minutes ago, just tilt said:

Do i pick a static pressure or airflow fan to be the exhaust one?

Idk doest matter. I just use some cheap fans I got for $4  and they work just fine.

1 minute ago, Jamtoad said:

Idk doest matter. I just use some cheap fans I got for $4  and they work just fine.

And if you put the two fans it comes.ea with in the front I hope you dont have OCD lol 

Hahahahhahahah because of my pending OCD probably going to buy Corsairs AF120s and put them in the front to be intake, the top one to be the intake and the back one to be the exhaust.

1 hour ago, just tilt said:

Hahahahhahahah because of my pending OCD probably going to buy Corsairs AF120s and put them in the front to be intake, the top one to be the intake and the back one to be the exhaust.

Unless you buy a dust filter for the top, an intake there will bring in dust.

See how the stock fans perform before deciding on whether or not to replace them. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

28 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Unless you buy a dust filter for the top, an intake there will bring in dust.

See how the stock fans perform before deciding on whether or not to replace them. 

There is a pre installed dust filter in the front of the case
Will do, thanks for the tip