Windows explorer missing features?

Rustproofkitten

For the past few weeks I've noticed my start menu and taskbar start hiding things from me. Restarting windows explorer fixes it but I don't want to have to restart it 5 times a day. I have tried to make this happen on purpose but cant seem to find anything that causes it to happen, i'll just happen seemingly out of nowhere. I tried doing the google investigation but i cant find anyone else who's had or solved this issue. Anyone have any ideas?

In the screencap you can see the names of programs but no icons, sometimes almost the entire start menu is blank, not even text, it just has the headings like "Most Used" "life at a glance" etc.

Screenshot (3).png

4 hours ago, Rustproofkitten said:

For the past few weeks I've noticed my start menu and taskbar start hiding things from me. Restarting windows explorer fixes it but I don't want to have to restart it 5 times a day. I have tried to make this happen on purpose but cant seem to find anything that causes it to happen, i'll just happen seemingly out of nowhere. I tried doing the google investigation but i cant find anyone else who's had or solved this issue. Anyone have any ideas?

In the screencap you can see the names of programs but no icons, sometimes almost the entire start menu is blank, not even text, it just has the headings like "Most Used" "life at a glance" etc.

How's your system usage?

Edited by GoodBytes

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Please start cmd, type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes and press enter.

-アパゾ

12 hours ago, APasz said:

Please start cmd, type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes and press enter.

No violations anywhere there.

8 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Update your graphics card drivers.

everything i have is as up to date as it can be.

2 hours ago, Rustproofkitten said:

everything i have is as up to date as it can be.

So then downgrade your graphics card drivers or use Beta drivers if available.