MacBook Pro Late 2016 - Keyboard Issue

Hi guys and gals,

I got my MBPro Late 2016 just last month but the up and down arrow keys (especially the down arrow key) seem to require more pressure even though the clicking sensation is already felt. There's a click, but then I have to push a bit harder for it to register. None of the other keys seem to have this problem. Could it be because those two keys are smaller than all the other keys? Anyone else having a similar issue?

Should I take this to Apple and see how they deal with it?

Thanks

Main Rig: Ryzen 5 5600X with ID Cooling SE-234 || Gigabyte Aorus B550I Pro AX || Asus Dual OC 3060Ti || 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz || 500GB Samsung Evo Plus || 500GB Kingston A400 || 1TB WD HDD || Cooler Master SFX V750 || Cooler Master NR200P

Secondary Rig: i7-7700K with Corsair H115i || MSI Z270 Pro Carbon AC || MSI Gaming X 1060 6GB || 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz || 500GB Adata SX8200 || 2x 1TB WD Blue || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Laptop: Macbook Pro 16" || i9-9880HK || Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB ||32GB RAM || 1TB SSD

have they made changes to the keyboards from last years models? i think you should take it to apple

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

have they made changes to the keyboards from last years models? i think you should take it to apple

Yes they have. It's the 2nd generation butterfly mechanism now.

Main Rig: Ryzen 5 5600X with ID Cooling SE-234 || Gigabyte Aorus B550I Pro AX || Asus Dual OC 3060Ti || 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz || 500GB Samsung Evo Plus || 500GB Kingston A400 || 1TB WD HDD || Cooler Master SFX V750 || Cooler Master NR200P

Secondary Rig: i7-7700K with Corsair H115i || MSI Z270 Pro Carbon AC || MSI Gaming X 1060 6GB || 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz || 500GB Adata SX8200 || 2x 1TB WD Blue || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Laptop: Macbook Pro 16" || i9-9880HK || Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB ||32GB RAM || 1TB SSD

My guess is that its an issue with the rubber dome switch under the key.

Its a insulator with a conductive print

Followed by an insulator with a hole in it

Followed by another insulator with conductive print

____                ____

On top of this is a rubber dome that inverts when you press the top, and it presses the top layer onto the bottom one through the hole, registering a keypress.

My guess is that there is something separating these layers slightly, or the contacts are corroded or worn. But that shouldn't be the case.

I'd go to an apple store and see if you can get it replaced.

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

My guess is that its an issue with the rubber dome switch under the key.

Its a insulator with a conductive print

Followed by an insulator with a hole in it

Followed by another insulator with conductive print

____                ____

On top of this is a rubber dome that inverts when you press the top, and it presses the top layer onto the bottom one through the hole, registering a keypress.

My guess is that there is something separating these layers slightly, or the contacts are corroded or worn. But that shouldn't be the case.

I'd go to an apple store and see if you can get it replaced.

Alright, I'll bring this to Apple sometime before my warranty runs out :) Thanks!

I would just give them a call.  They are usually pretty good about this sort of thing.   

i had had one switch that felt strange the first couple times I used it however it seemed to work out after less than a day of use. Could be the butter,Loy switch isnt in quite right. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

On 1/7/2017 at 2:03 PM, KWelz said:

I would just give them a call.  They are usually pretty good about this sort of thing.   

i had had one switch that felt strange the first couple times I used it however it seemed to work out after less than a day of use. Could be the butter,Loy switch isnt in quite right. 

Don't give apple a call. First find someone with 2 days left on there HP warranty. Then say you have this problem on the HP, argue all day till they hang up on you. become pissed then call apple and be happy.