USB type C to 3.5mm adapter

I have recently purchased the Moto Droid Z Force from Verizon and sadly I lost the headphone adapter during recent trips. Naturally, I went to both Verizon and Motorola for a replacement - neither Motorola don't sell them, nor Verizon... Then, I did some research on Amazon and EBay - all bad reviews(lack play/volume button support, horrible build quality). So, the good old LTT, please help-

i wish you luck. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, zMeul said:

buy an iPhone 7 xD

funny...I'd rather pixel

your best bet is to call Motorola and request another one or search

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

No joke -- buy Apple's

he can't apple one uses lightning not usb type c

1 minute ago, lukaleo said:

funny...I'd rather pixel

well ... that's what you should've bought in the 1st place ;)

dongles are cancer

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

Fook you right.

Dammit

apple needs that courageous money 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

your best bet is to call Motorola and request another one or search

I did... like I said

1 minute ago, lukaleo said:

I did... like I said

if you get a good repetitive they might help. my friend had the moto z for a week before he lost the adapter and returned the phone for a pixel.  

this is the sad result from Verizon customer service....

Amy: Hi! How can I help you today?

You: I have a moto z force droid and I lost my usb type c to 3.5mm adapter
Amy: Welcome to Verizon Wireless Sales chat!

You: where can I find a replacement?
You: I'd prefer an original Motorola adapter instead of a third party aftermarket
Amy: I'll be more than happy to assist finding a replacement adapter for your phone

You: great, thank you
Amy: I can send you a link to see if one of these fit your device

Amy: Would you like for me to send you a link ?

You: sure
Amy: Let me grab a link for you.

You: k
Amy: Please Click Here to see https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/everyday-essentials/.

You: which item in this page are you referring to?
Amy: The Micro USV Type C on the second row

You: did you have a phone model selected on the left? From just clicking on the link you sent, the entire second row are apple items
Amy: I did not have a model selected. Go to shop>accessories> everyday essential

You: that's the page I'm on
You: please send me a single item link instead
Amy: Please Click Here to see https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/verizon-micro-usb-to-usb-type-c-adapter/.

Amy: I'm unsure if this is the exact one, I'm asking is it similar to the one you have?

You: no
You: I need and usb type c to 3.5mm jack
You: 3.5mm is the one you use for headphones
You: which should be cylindrical shaped
Amy: Please Click Here to see https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/verizon-usb-data-cable-6-ft-for-usbc/.

Amy: Check that

You: that's still an usb cable
Amy: May I ask do you need a full charger ?

Apple, Samsung, Motorola. People have only themselves to blame for giving them money to inconvenience themselves. All that bravery is stinking up the industry. 

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

if you get a good repetitive they might help. my friend had the moto z for a week before he lost the adapter and returned the phone for a pixel.  

Motorola just straight up don't produce them for replacement purchases

9 minutes ago, lukaleo said:

this is the sad result from Verizon customer service....

Amy: Hi! How can I help you today?

You: I have a moto z force droid and I lost my usb type c to 3.5mm adapter
Amy: Welcome to Verizon Wireless Sales chat!

You: where can I find a replacement?
You: I'd prefer an original Motorola adapter instead of a third party aftermarket
Amy: I'll be more than happy to assist finding a replacement adapter for your phone

You: great, thank you
Amy: I can send you a link to see if one of these fit your device

Amy: Would you like for me to send you a link ?

You: sure
Amy: Let me grab a link for you.

You: k
Amy: Please Click Here to see https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/everyday-essentials/.

You: which item in this page are you referring to?
Amy: The Micro USV Type C on the second row

You: did you have a phone model selected on the left? From just clicking on the link you sent, the entire second row are apple items
Amy: I did not have a model selected. Go to shop>accessories> everyday essential

You: that's the page I'm on
You: please send me a single item link instead
Amy: Please Click Here to see https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/verizon-micro-usb-to-usb-type-c-adapter/.

Amy: I'm unsure if this is the exact one, I'm asking is it similar to the one you have?

You: no
You: I need and usb type c to 3.5mm jack
You: 3.5mm is the one you use for headphones
You: which should be cylindrical shaped
Amy: Please Click Here to see https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/verizon-usb-data-cable-6-ft-for-usbc/.

Amy: Check that

You: that's still an usb cable
Amy: May I ask do you need a full charger ?

Chat reps are useless. We get calls because of incorrect information they told customers--they are a grade less useful than an in-store rep trying to get that comission money. 

The reality is, VZW isn't going to magically carry 1st party dongles in their warehouse. They don't even carry 1st party Apple branded chargers in the warehouses--things like that are up to local stores in hopes of them actually carrying it. 

This falls 100% on the manufacturer to replace for choosing a stupid design trade-off, not the carrier. 

7 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Chat reps are useless. We get calls because of incorrect information they told customers--they are a grade less useful than an in-store rep trying to get that comission money. 

The reality is, VZW isn't going to magically carry 1st party dongles in their warehouse. They don't even carry 1st party Apple branded chargers in the warehouses--things like that are up to local stores in hopes of them actually carrying it. 

This falls 100% on the manufacturer to replace for choosing a stupid design trade-off, not the carrier. 

true but now I need to buy a new phone for this? No, going to a crappy Bluetooth headphone is not a solution

4 minutes ago, lukaleo said:

true but now I need to buy a new phone for this? No, going to a crappy Bluetooth headphone is not a solution

The whole thing is anti consumer and it's super frustrating. I do hope these companies realize how stupid it is to remove a feature that's no where near outdated. People who compare removing the headphone jack to removing parallel ports on computers are ignorant. Those changes improved tech, line-in is commonly used everywhere by audiophiles and regular consumers alike.