what should i upgrade?

Blackhole890

just got 100€ from chirstmas and im thinking to get a xeon e3-1230 for 100€ or should i go for another used cpu? I just purchased a i3-2100 and its coming next week and i was thinking to cancel and get this xeon...? Or just get a good case like nzxt s340 for 75€ and a cryorig h7 cooler 100€ in total and upgrade my celeron to that i3...

my current specs:

celeron g540 -> i3-2100?

6gb ram

gt 730 2gb gddr5

corsair cx450m

Mostly for gaming (and probably rendering too) like csgo and lol or maybe some gta v and overwatch, any suggestion is appreciated.

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

Thread moved to New Builds & Planning

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Depends on if your looking for more performance or more aesthetic, we can't tell you what you want. 

Just make sure to do a compatibility check with your components (especially CPU/chipset compatibility) on a website like pcpartpicker.com before you buy anything 

What motherboard do you have? 
because it may not support xeon's

Photography / Finance / Gaming

1 minute ago, mok said:

What motherboard do you have? 
because it may not support xeon's

its lga1155 so it should support

ga-h61m-s2pv

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

3 minutes ago, Stupidtiggers said:

Depends on if your looking for more performance or more aesthetic, we can't tell you what you want. 

Just make sure to do a compatibility check with your components (especially CPU/chipset compatibility) on a website like pcpartpicker.com before you buy anything 

i just need performance, is in the case that my i3 will do fine then i will improve aesthetics

Honestly a powerful xeon CPU will only go so far, with a GT730 youre framerates wont really improve much

1 minute ago, mok said:

Honestly a powerful xeon CPU will only go so far, with a GT730 youre framerates wont really improve much

^^absolutely correct.

If I were you I would manage with what you have and do a CPU/GPU upgrade simultaneously when you get the chance/money

3 minutes ago, Stupidtiggers said:

^^absolutely correct.

If I were you I would manage with what you have and do a CPU/GPU upgrade simultaneously when you get the chance/money

then i would need to wait a entire year again for a good cpu/gpu+mobo and i dont want to wait that much because i wont be able to play until i recieve money

7 minutes ago, Stupidtiggers said:

^^absolutely correct.

4 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

then i would need to wait a entire year again for a good cpu/gpu+mobo and i dont want to wait that much because i wont be able to play until i recieve money

ah okay. then i say buy the xeon. thats a great deal and it will last you a while

when you have the money, upgrade your GPU (and PSU probably)

1 minute ago, Blackhole890 said:

then i would need to wait a entire year again for a good cpu/gpu+mobo

Well then buy the CPU and yolo 

Or delete system32 and just go play on an xbox lol 

Either way will only get you so far 

7 minutes ago, mok said:

then, should i upgrade or not...? if i get a xeon, this christmas prob i will go for a better gpu like 470 or 480, depends...

2 minutes ago, mok said:

ah okay. then i say buy the xeon. thats a great deal and it will last you a while

when you have the money, upgrade your GPU (and PSU probably)

ok, then im going for it but its really necesary to upgrade a new psu? isnt with 450w enough if im going with a 470 or 480?

9 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

ok, then im going for it but its really necesary to upgrade a new psu? isnt with 450w enough if im going with a 470 or 480?

oh i missed that part

yea 450w seems fine for now