Possible to turn a Micro SIM into a Nano SIM?

AlTech
1 hour ago, ionbasa said:

drug stores

You know it's a good thing I know what you mean. If you told most people in Asia that, they'd probably be really confused and look at you weirdly :D.

1 hour ago, ionbasa said:

too (Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid).

They look like this:

photo-6.jpg

You can find them just about anywhere that sells gift cards or prepaid debit cards.

No but I want to try and keep the same phone number. And also, they only normally sell Micro SIM cards afaik.

And FYI, we don't have many choices for those pre-paid. There's only one major carrier which offers it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

@deXxterlab97 But what tools would I use to cut the Micro SIM?

A craft knife? Scissors

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

@deXxterlab97 But what tools would I use to cut the Micro SIM?

A craft knife? Scissors

Scissors are fine. It's like cutting a hard cardbox. 

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I've heard that cutting it sometimes works and sometimes does not, at least with cutting down a regular sim.  Not sure about micro SIM.  Besides the likely $10 or $15 fee, any reason you can't just get a new one?

They charge you for a SIM replacement? How scummy. They cost barely anything to hand out.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

just go to your carrier and ask them to swap it for you at least here in the uk it only takes about 2 or 3 hours to swap over 

edit: also its free here if you're on a contract 

I lurk a lot

3 minutes ago, peej said:

just go to your carrier and ask them to swap it for you at least here in the uk it only takes about 2 or 3 hours to swap over 

I didn't get my sim from a carrier.....

I got it at a Convenience store which bought it from the carrier.....

3 minutes ago, peej said:

edit: also its free here if you're on a contract 

I'm not on contract....

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'm not on contract....

id say its worth a try because it you fuck it up like i did then you will have to go crying to them anyway it shouldnt make a difference if you bought the sim from a corner shop or not as you are paying the carrier not the corner shop to use your phone there for they have a duty of service to you

I lurk a lot

5 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'm not on contract....

My iPhone 5s has a micro SIM card that I trimmed down to nano-size following the template shown in that first video that was linked, been working fine for nearly two years.

My wife's HTC One M8 is the same exact way.

Just print the template and take your time with a good pair of scissors.  Its nerve wracking the first time you do it, but it's actually very easy.