AMD replaces guys PC after it was hit by a stray bullet from an acidental discharge.

99vw

This is neat and all, but the idiot who fired the shot should have been the one held accountable.

Most guns should already be on the safe position. But it should be the first step though.

I dunno, my old M9 doesn't have the safety on and is holstered and attached to the night stand within reach as I sleep. Same for the AR-15 under the bed. Both are locked, cocked, and ready to rock at a moments notice. Then again, I taught wife how to shoot and no kids around. 

I dunno, my old M9 doesn't have the safety on and is holstered and attached to the night stand within reach as I sleep. Same for the AR-15 under the bed. Both are locked, cocked, and ready to rock at a moments notice. Then again, I taught wife how to shoot and no kids around.

Yeah. My brother has a Glock 22 on his night stand, ready to shoot after he puts it into fire mode. His Mossberg 500 is behind his bed, also ready to shoot. Both guns have a 500 lumen light set on strobe.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Which begs the question, which little shit didn't clear the damn gun before cleaning it? This is Gun Safety 101, not to mention common fucking sense. I know common sense is becoming rarer and rarer, but still.

Crap like this makes me feel like I'm the only gun owner with any dammed sense. I mean c'mon it's a WEAPON, it can KILL people why would anyone take it lightly or not double and triple check just to be sure they didn't miss something.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

It looks like a .22 hit it. No biggie. Awesome PR for AMD though

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

My AR sits in my closet right by my bed. The bolt catch is holding the bolt back ready for my mag to be put in if needed. Tap that bolt release and I'm ready.  I feel uncomfortable leaving it in my closet loaded whether the safety is on or not especially if someone visiting (I share the house with my older sister) decides they want to poke around in my room and play with my gun when I'm not there.

Crap like this makes me feel like I'm the only gun owner with any dammed sense. I mean c'mon it's a WEAPON, it can KILL people why would anyone take it lightly or not double and triple check just to be sure they didn't miss something.

Since recently getting into guns, I've made a habit of charging the bolt back several times (usually no less than 5). Trigger discipline helps too. One time I didn't realize I had the safety off and there was a round in the chamber. It's become a bit of an obsessive habit but it prevented serious injury that day since I was showing my friend how to use my AR. If I didn't teach him trigger discipline something like this would have happened or worse.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Most guns should already be on the safe position. But it should be the first step though.

Pretty much any rifle modeled after the AR-15 cannot be disassembled and cleaned with the safety on. You have to clear the rifle then drop the hammer before you can get the bolt carrier assembly out of the rifle. A weapon safety makes it so a you can't pull the trigger of a rifle, but the only this g that can make a rifle fire is the person holding it.