Why are LGA 1155 Boards so expensive and rare?

I've been looking through Amazon and Newegg. Newegg.ca only has 7, 4 of which are out of stock and the other three are 300$+; while Amazon has more of them they're all extremely expensive, what's the deal?

Because they've been out of production for quite a while. The few new ones that are left are very expensive because there's such little stock. If you want a board that's been out of production for a while, used is really your only option. 

2 minutes ago, Anglogang said:

I've been looking through Amazon and Newegg. Newegg.ca only has 7, 4 of which are out of stock and the other three are 300$+; while Amazon has more of them they're all extremely expensive, what's the deal?

LGA 1155 is end of life, thats why.

You are going to have to buy used.

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

9 minutes ago, oskarha said:

LGA 1155 is end of life, thats why.

You are going to have to buy used.

Not necessarily. I mean that's only if they're not interested in paying for new. 

Also, pro tip, if you can find an 1155 board or something via some friend or someone you know, that'd be best. Not necessarily because of the whole used thing, but because even the used market tends to skin you for 1155 boards :D.

I was lucky to find a friend with a P67 sabertooth when my Z77 board went the way of the dodo. Prices on decent used Z77 boards though were just nuts, could have bought a then brand new Z97 board for the same money. 

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right