Recomendation Gaming Headset

Fernando_Matt

Hi, i'm looking for a gaming headset (yes headset not headphones) and i don't know where i have to start. My budget is of 70 dollars

8 minutes ago, Fernando_Matt said:

Hi, i'm looking for a gaming headset (yes headset not headphones) and i don't know where i have to start. My budget is of 70 dollars

The cloud is like 80$ but the link I posted is cloud core for 69.99$ and doesn't have all the frills like spare velour earpads.

4 minutes ago, AdmiralIronside said:

The cloud is like 80$ but the link I posted is cloud core for 69.99$ and doesn't have all the frills like spare velour earpads.

And what do you think about the Steelseries Siberia v3?

https://www.amazon.com/Steelseries-Siberia-Binaural-Head-band-headset/dp/B00NKA5FMA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1483577369&sr=8-4&keywords=siberia+v3

Cloud has better sound quality in my experience with the Siberia v2, but I don't think much has changed with the sound quality with the v3 (or the cloud 2).

5 minutes ago, Fernando_Matt said:

*snip*

3 minutes ago, AdmiralIronside said:

Cloud has better sound quality in my experience with the Siberia v2, but I don't think much has changed with the sound quality with the v3 (or the cloud 2).

Much better sound quality?

Yes, they have a higher impedance but are much more even, and will probably be less jarring to move from m40Xs to.

cb2d6c2ce4276bb11175368667bb1305.png

Takstar Pro 80s = Hyperx Cloud

• 4 weeks later...

hey bro,

i have both SS siberia V3 prism and v3.. both of them are have bad headband. it's glue are really bad. after 3 - 6 months it will start open and spread to other area.
Based on story from my local shop, this are awful earphone, 4/5 have dead earcup (right side - and mine is the only one not broken).
I will suggest HyperX cloud2 or logitech, or even seinnheiser but it will cost more.

On 2/2/2017 at 0:04 AM, Juppo said:

hey bro,

i have both SS siberia V3 prism and v3.. both of them are have bad headband. it's glue are really bad. after 3 - 6 months it will start open and spread to other area.
Based on story from my local shop, this are awful earphone, 4/5 have dead earcup (right side - and mine is the only one not broken).
I will suggest HyperX cloud2 or logitech, or even seinnheiser but it will cost more.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I was watching that Steelseries pulled out a new range of headphones, the Arctis, in which they are the Arctis 3, 5 and 7. According to the brand they say that it has the same speakers as the high-end, for example the SIberia 600 but the difference is it has 40mm drivers. With regard to the microphone implemented the "Clearcast" bidirectional microphone, which in my opinion is quite decent, and that is why I thought it could be a very recommended option. Beyond the sound also has a new type of material on the band and earcups with more comfort to have long days of play with a material based on athletic apparel.

What do you think?

41 minutes ago, Fernando_Matt said:

I was watching that Steelseries pulled out a new range of headphones, the Arctis, in which they are the Arctis 3, 5 and 7. According to the brand they say that it has the same speakers as the high-end, for example the SIberia 600 but the difference is it has 40mm drivers. With regard to the microphone implemented the "Clearcast" bidirectional microphone, which in my opinion is quite decent, and that is why I thought it could be a very recommended option. Beyond the sound also has a new type of material on the band and earcups with more comfort to have long days of play with a material based on athletic apparel.

What do you think?

It can't be the "same speakers" if the drivers are different. Unless they mean that it's tuned to sound the same?

If you really want a headset, and at that price point, then the Cloud Core is your best bet.

If you want better quality mic and sound, then headphone/mic combos would be best. Here are some examples:

1. Sennheiser HD518 (only place I could find is frys local) ($53) + V-MODA Boompro ($29) + 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter ($3) = $85 open back headphones (my personal cheap recommendation if you can get it)
  2. SHP9500s ($55 on sale) + V-MODA Boompro ($29) = $84 open back headphones
  3. Status Audio CB-1 ($79) + V-MODA Boompro ($29) = $108 closed back headphones
  4. Sennheiser HD558 ($80-85 on sale) + V-MODA Boompro ($29) + 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter ($3) = $117 open back headphones

On 2/7/2017 at 2:27 AM, Fernando_Matt said:

What do you think?

unfortunately i haven't try arctis. it sounds promising and good looking based on what i see. its a bit cliche too if they claim "same speakers as the high end" with that pricetag. For microphone, I have heard some youtube review, and twitch cast using arctis 5, well its better than siberia v3 prism i taught. do you have any local store who sell this headset?

I would stick to the hyperx cloud 1. Arctis is good, sq wise its like TAD300 but closed back version.

The sq from cloud is just on another level from arctis, logitechs and other headsets. Above clouds i would just stick to a proper headphone + boompro.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.