Help please(parts)

AVl311

Hi

I am building my first gaming pc and so far I got pro gaiming H170 mother with HyperX 8GB of 1600-1850 GHz and planned CPU i5 6400/6500.

So the question is I think to go for a gtx 980 ti 8gb or something like gtx 1070/1080 with power supply of 700W.

Will it be ok and do I need to get more Wats and will my mother board be okay with Nvidia 10 series?

Yeah, make sure your case is big enough for a gpu, i'd say go for a 10 series but thats more my inner ocd, youll be just fine with a 980ti. 700W sounds good, you might not need that much but its best to be safe and have some leg room, its good to know how much you're putting in your PC such that you can sum ip how much wattage youll need. It will be good to check on PCPartPicker it tells you the wattage.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X 4.4GHz | GPU: RTX 3070 FE | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 4x8GB 3600MHz DDR4 | MoBo: ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII  | Case: Corsair 5000D AF CPU cooler: Corsair H150i CapellixPSU: Corsair RM850x |

I'd personally go with an 850w power supply. Many people here will tell you not to cheap out on a PSU, which is true, you shouldn't. I've used in the past a bronze efficiency PSU for over a year and nothing went wrong. So if you'd like to stick with a bronze efficiency, I'd recommend it, but if you'd like to spend the extra on a gold efficiency, then you'd actually be working on future proofing your rig.

I say go with a 10 series, preferably the 1080 if you can, and try and get 6gbs of vram or more.

I would say go with the 10 series cards. 700w would be fine really, but it also depends on what else you're putting into the PC. In case you're worried about part compatibility in the future, PCpartpicker is a good place to check out the compatibility of your parts and how many watts your computer needs.