Why are Cherry MX blues so hard to find?

PeggersXtreme

Hi,

Just wondering why cherry MX blues are hard to find they are out of stock of the K70 in blues at most places I have looked. I am looking for a new mechanical keyboard I am stuck with which switches will be best for gaming but not be too loud I was looking at either the black widow X from razer or the K70 Lux if only a K95 Lux was available :( I would be sold if that were the case.

Thanks

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

They're the clickiest, which might make them the most popular.

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

They're the clickiest, which might make them the most popular.

I currently have browns but when I moved to browns I noticed no difference from reds I use to have

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

3 minutes ago, PeggersXtreme said:

I currently have browns but when I moved to browns I noticed no difference from reds I use to have

Blues are clickier than reds and browns. Reds and browns are specifically designed not to be clicky.

This is just my speculation, but a lot of mechanical keyboards from the most well-known brands like Razer and Corsair are marketed heavily towards gaming, and the perception is that MX Red or MX Brown is better for gaming. Blues have the reputation, fair or otherwise, as being "for typing." From some brands, like Ducky or Das Keyboard, MX Blue keys seem to be quite common.

4 minutes ago, typographie said:

This is just my speculation, but a lot of mechanical keyboards from the most well-known brands like Razer and Corsair are marketed heavily towards gaming, and the perception is that MX Red or MX Brown is better for gaming. Blues have the reputation, fair or otherwise, as being "for typing." From some brands, like Ducky or Das Keyboard, MX Blue keys seem to be quite common.

But aren't the new Razer Greens pretty much razers own version of blues aimed at gamers?

Custom PC:

4 minutes ago, typographie said:

The main thing I'm looking at is what keyboard mouse combo would be best for fast paced games i know it comes down to personal preference but I have no way in trying out the two mice and keyboards I am cosidering I hear good stuff about the razer death adder as a gaming mouse but if I go with  razer mouse I have to go with a razer keyboard as i'm the sort of person that likes mouse and keyboard to match so I don't have loads of software installed for them. On the other hand I have heard the Corsair M65 Pro has the best Optical sensor on the market

Custom PC:

So my options I am personally looking at is the Corsair K70 Lux + M65 Pro or the Razer Black Widow X Chroma with a Death Adder Chroma Mouse

Custom PC:

5 minutes ago, PeggersXtreme said:

The main thing I'm looking at is what keyboard mouse combo would be best for fast paced games i know it comes down to personal preference but I have no way in trying out the two mice and keyboards I am cosidering I hear good stuff about the razer death adder as a gaming mouse but if I go with  razer mouse I have to go with a razer keyboard as i'm the sort of person that likes mouse and keyboard to match so I don't have loads of software installed for them. On the other hand I have heard the Corsair M65 Pro has the best Optical sensor on the market

M65 is great. I use the newest razer deathadder and its pretty good as well. 

I never have been a razer guy but their keyboards arent the worst thing ever

2 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

M65 is great. I use the newest razer deathadder and its pretty good as well. 

yeah I hear razer doesn't have the best quality though but the only razer thing I have owned was a Kraken headset and those aren't great but I haven't touched their keyboards or mice before mostly due to the cost of them but now I can get them at similar price to the corsair stuff I put them into consideration I also like the look of the Asus Claymore but that is uber expensive and doesn't have a mouse that is a good price and rgb like the keyboard.

Custom PC:

8 minutes ago, PeggersXtreme said:

but I have no way in trying out the two mice and keyboards I am cosidering

If you aren't sure what keys you want, you could try one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Max-Keyboard-Keycap-Cherry-Sampler/dp/B00E71W4O8

Kinda sucks that they're $9.99, but that's better than making a guess on a $100–150 keyboard that you had no other way to try first.

1 minute ago, PeggersXtreme said:

yeah I hear razer doesn't have the best quality though but the only razer thing I have owned was a Kraken headset and those aren't great but I haven't touched their keyboards or mice before mostly due to the cost of them

Their Headsets are not something I would buy.

The mice though for the most part are great.

Keyboards are decent, Not the best or the worst out there :P

1 minute ago, typographie said:

Kinda sucks that they're $9.99, but that's better than making a guess on a $100–150 keyboard that you had no other way to try first.

I have a rough idea what I want, I don't want reds as I made way too many typing errors on reds, so I suspect speed switches are out as well as they are just a faster red, so it's between browns and blues or razer greens. I tried a roccat keyboard with browns and they felt better than my current brown switches

Custom PC:

Browns might be my best option as I don't want them to be heard on the mic

Custom PC:

19 minutes ago, typographie said:

19 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

Their Headsets are not something I would buy.

The mice though for the most part are great.

Keyboards are decent, Not the best or the worst out there :P

Do you guys know what the difference between the lux and non lux are?

Custom PC:

2 hours ago, PeggersXtreme said:

The main thing I'm looking at is what keyboard mouse combo would be best for fast paced games. I know it comes down to personal preference, but I have no way to try out the two mice and keyboards I am considering. I hear good stuff about the Razer Deathadder as a gaming mouse, but if I go with Razer mouse I have to go with a Razer keyboard as I'm the sort of person that likes my mouse and keyboard to match so I don't have loads of software installed for them. On the other hand, I have heard the Corsair M65 Pro has the best optical sensor on the market.

I wouldn't suggest a Razer mouse or keyboard. Regardless of their performance (which is a solid 'slightly-above-average'), there are just way too many horror stories about Razer mice dying right outside the warranty period.

If you're going for Cherry MX Blues, I'd suggest you take a look at the Ducky Shine 5. The build quality is phenomenal, it has RGB lighting (since you seem to care), and it doesn't use software control so you don't need to deal with extraneous software for choosing a non-Ducky mouse.

For the mouse, I always suggest the G502. There isn't really anything bad about that mouse -The software is great, the build quality is great, it's comfortable, the sensor is the best on the market (barring preference), so-on...

I find the G900 uncomfortable due to its ambidextrous design, but lots of people love that mouse. I haven't used either of the new G403s or the Logitech Pro, but those are widely loved as well.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

If you're talking about non RGB blues, they're everywhere.

The issue with RGB blues is there is a HUGE QA problem at Cherry regarding making consistent switches.  Apparently a disgruntled employee said that Cherry uses like 20 parts to make a blue switch and they use machines that are 20 years old, and they're too busy to upgrade their machines.  I don't know if that's true or not, but there have been very serious QA issues with getting enough consistent blue switches to make a run of keyboards.  The Ducky Shine 5 was almost constantly OOS in RGB blues, until enough people got their boards that the demand settled down.  Corsair admitted on their forums that they went out of stock on their last run of RGB blues for the Strafe and Lux, and they have to wait until they get enough consistent ones from Cherry to do another limited run of them.  Likewise, many people complained about the Shine 5 having inconsistent blues, that felt worse than their older non RGB blue boards.

Ducky also seems to be binning blues for their limited edition Year of the Monkey keyboards.  I know my YOTM has heavenly blues, with only a few keys needing a little attention (like some shin etsu G-30M), but feels almost as heavenly to type on as the MX green letters on my Ducky Shine fire 69 edition.  The blues on my YOTM feel extremely good, at least, while not at the same level as my awesome greens on the shine 69 nine switch board, feel much better than the scratchy, inconsistent blues on the iKBC F108 keyboard.  I'd really like to hear from Shine 6 users if their blues feel good or not, or if Ducky is binning for the special boards.

6 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

I wouldn't suggest a Razer mouse or keyboard. Regardless of their performance (which is a solid 'slightly-above-average'), there are just way too many horror stories about Razer mice dying right outside the warranty period.

If you're going for Cherry MX Blues, I'd suggest you take a look at the Ducky Shine 5. The build quality is phenomenal, it has RGB lighting (since you seem to care), and it doesn't use software control so you don't need to deal with extraneous software for choosing a non-Ducky mouse.

For the mouse, I always suggest the G502. There isn't really anything bad about that mouse -The software is great, the build quality is great, it's comfortable, the sensor is the best on the market (barring preference), so-on...

I find the G900 uncomfortable due to its ambidextrous design, but lots of people love that mouse. I haven't used either of the new G403s or the Logitech Pro, but those are widely loved as well.

I only like RGB keyboards so I can set solid colors of my choice :D 

Custom PC:

I think I am gonna get either MX speed, MX reds or Browns. I read blues are more for typing than gaming.

Custom PC:

Who told you that?
It's preference, but MANY People love blues.

Blues have 1 big advantage over browns--when you activate the tactile bump click, the switch activation is exactly at the click bump.  Exactly.

On MX Browns (and clears), the switch electrical activation is just below the bump.

ah right I didn't know that

Custom PC:

3 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

Who told you that?
It's preference, but MANY People love blues.

Blues have 1 big advantage over browns--when you activate the tactile bump click, the switch activation is exactly at the click bump.  Exactly.

On MX Browns (and clears), the switch electrical activation is just below the bump.

Are the blues louder than browns though as my mates already moan about the noise my keyboard makes when I game on chat with them I use a blue yeti so it picks up a lot more than your typical headset mic

Custom PC:

2 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

Yes they are.

I read brown are one of the quietest of the MX switches. I took a look at Razer greens but think I will avoid razer after some stuff I have read seems like they overcharge for sub-par quality

Custom PC: