Best option for adding wireless?

Helepolis

You came kind of unlucky because there was a Google Onhub ($200 Router) for $89 on black friday RIP

First question, does your landlord have a wireless network? Is it possible for you to connect your wireless devices to that network? If he does not have a wireless network, you should probably find out why since attaching a wireless AP to someone's otherwise secured network might not be the best idea. Alternatively, if he wanted to keep you segmented, you could ask if there's a guest SSID option on his wireless. 

Beyond that, looking at a proper AP would likely be better than running a router as an AP. 

2 minutes ago, kerradeph said:

First question, does your landlord have a wireless network? Is it possible for you to connect your wireless devices to that network? If he does not have a wireless network, you should probably find out why since attaching a wireless AP to someone's otherwise secured network might not be the best idea. Alternatively, if he wanted to keep you segmented, you could ask if there's a guest SSID option on his wireless. 

Beyond that, looking at a proper AP would likely be better than running a router as an AP. 

He does, unfortunately its 2 floors above us and is barely capable of facebook browsing

1 minute ago, tt2468 said:

Or get the AP-AC-Lite. It's under $100 and supports AC wireless

From their picture I'm guessing they're Canadian (Thus the Canadian site) but all of the prices are in US so the AC lite is around $130-140 before taxes and shipping. I mean even after taxes and shipping the one I linked will probably be a little over $100 but it's closer to their budget. 

7 hours ago, Helepolis said:

Ive never dealt with a PoE device before... Don't I need a switch that specifically supports PoE?

It comes with a POE injector which is basically a power brick with an ethernet in and ethernet out that passes data along with the power needed to power the device.