Best, Affordable, Long Term PC Build Help

Go to solution Solved by Cyracus,
2 minutes ago, TheRoyalDoyle said:

ok well lets expand on this then, something that will do 4k in the future if not now.

You really can't make a budget pc that will do 4k acceptably, top of the line hardware is just at that point. Go with 1440p or 1080p and pump the graphics settings to max, that $995 build above should be great for that

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Not worth using only 60-70% of your GPU for a few years though, the 480 runs most AAA games over 60fps at high-ultra

Besides DX12/Vulkan should keep the 480 around for a long while for 1080p 60hz gaming

I guess, but that's like saying if you can afford to get a 6700k but get a 6600k because it'll last long enough even though it's quite a bit less powerful, I just don't find it worth not getting whatsoever (just like how I feel about TN monitors)

4 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I guess, but that's like saying if you can afford to get a 6700k but get a 6600k because it'll last long enough even though it's quite a bit less powerful, I just don't find it worth not getting whatsoever (just like how I feel about TN monitors)

The i7 is always worth it over an i5, just to never need replacing

CPUs hardly change

GPUs change all the damned time, Vega is getting announced in a few days anyways, should wait for that before buying any high end GPU right now

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

The i7 is always worth it over an i5, just to never need replacing

CPUs hardly change

GPUs change all the damned time, Vega is getting announced in a few days anyways, should wait for that before buying any high end GPU right now

Alright, well then waiting is still beter than getting an RX 480, you just emphasized my point.

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

Alright, well then waiting is still beter than getting an RX 480, you just emphasized my point.

Don't know his final budget, but the 480 fits under $1000 with a 4k display

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Don't know his final budget, but the 480 fits under $1000 with a 4k display

But he didn't ask for the display in the budget, it's also a TN display, and an i3 over an i7...

3 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

But he didn't ask for the display in the budget, it's also a TN display, and an i3 over an i7...

Right, and he can upgrade from there if the budget gets much higher, the i3 is still fine for 60hz gaming, it also lacks an SSD, that's just the base

an IPS display is usually about $100 more

It's got pretty good reviews though for what it is
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/aoc-u2879vf-28-inch-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor,4575.html

Spoiler

Guys, I appreciate all of the feedback, after doing some cost comparison, watching many more LTT videos, and reading through your posts I have finally ordered a system, its outside of my budget, but I realized I had to go there in order to get what I wanted. I juggled for a long time between X99 and Z170 but landed on Z170. I believe that for the purposes of gaming I dont need much more than that, and it should be relevant for the next few years at least.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fDLP7h