Pre-sleeved cables vs sleeving my own

InsertName
1 minute ago, InsertName said:

@Revan654 Halp me, male connector stuck in connector. I tugged a bit too hard and wire snapped off. I need to remove it, and I have no pin remover. I have tried staples.  @W-L

If your doing lots of sleeving get yourself a pin remover tool you'll thank yourself later. I've made my own before but you need to make sure it's properly depressing the tabs to release it, in this case you will need to probably use tweezers or needle nose pliers to pull out the terminal while doing so.

M-MINI-ATX2_3.jpg

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

If your doing lots of sleeving get yourself a pin remover tool you'll thank yourself later. I've made my own before but you need to make sure it's properly depressing the tabs to release it, in this case you will need to probably use tweezers or needle nose pliers to pull out the terminal while doing so.

M-MINI-ATX2_3.jpg

My tweasers and needlenoses are way too big

1 hour ago, InsertName said:

@Revan654 Halp me, male connector stuck in connector. I tugged a bit too hard and wire snapped off. I need to remove it, and I have no pin remover. I have tried staples.  @W-L

You need two flat objects that can be inserted on the sides of the pin to unlock the terminal.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

On 2/5/2017 at 3:20 AM, InsertName said:

Unfortunately it I still too late, I have bought DIY supplies and regret it. I would buy your cables if I can do it again.

Their are some cables that you should let professional companies make for you. Sata Power Cables being one of them. Their a giant PIA to make, Mainly due to all the double crimping and trying to figure out a way to sleeve them and have them fit into the connector.

The only thing I truly hate with Sleeving is double Crimping.

With that said I do let companies like CableMod make certain cables for me. It just saves me allot of time and annoyance. I just wish their sleeving would match MDPC-X style sleeving, CableMod Sleeving is much thinner. Which you only have one choice when using cable Combs, due to how thin their sleeving is.

Their are some cables that CableMod does not make. Which is why I started to do my own cables in the first place.

If you ever want MDPC-X style cables and you give up on your own sleeving check out https://www.icemodz.eu/ or also ModGuru.net is another good web store to check out. Their both very high quality and hand made.

2 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Their are some cables that you should let professional companies make for you. Sata Power Cables being one of them. Their a giant PIA to make, Mainly due to all the double crimping and trying to figure out a way to sleeve them and have them fit into the connector.

The only thing I truly hate with Sleeving is double Crimping.

With that said I do let companies like CableMod make certain cables for me. It just saves me allot of time and annoyance. I just wish their sleeving would match MDPC-X style sleeving, CableMod Sleeving is much thinner. Which you only have one choice when using cable Combs, due to how thin their sleeving is.

Their are some cables that CableMod does not make. Which is why I started to do my own cables in the first place.

If you ever want MDPC-X style cables and you give up on your own sleeving check out https://www.icemodz.eu/ or also ModGuru.net is another good web store to check out. Their both very high quality and hand made.

Cool, will do.

@InsertName

UCY4yOk.jpg

84XWeO0.jpg

JHdIFPs.jpg

Just finished these, The one cable is kind of messed up, Melt process is shown a bit, But it was due to those wires being double crimped. I had to start sleeving much lower then usual. Most are using 16 AWG Wire. Not sure if 18 AWG would be a better choice when double crimping.

It was tough getting the wire feed into the Sata inlines. Mainly because I was using 16 AWG, I should have used 18 AWG.

They should really make a larger connector for the input area for those double crimped wire/pins.

I'm having someone I know doing some soldering for my next ATX Cable. Will use a y type cable style but farther down and cap it off with heatshrink. It will be hidden behind the PSU.