Is my CPU causing bad FPS?

At the moment i am currently using a Palit GTX 770 2GB with an AMD FX 6300. However, in CS:GO i am only getting like 120fps Average (and if you play csgo, you know that really isn't enough), when my friends with the 770 are getting 250 fps???. My CPU is 2 years old and isn't even getting hot or overheating at all. I can't imagine that anything else could be causing bad fps other than the CPU? 

If anyone could give me some advice or tips that would be appreciated.

Thanks

what CPU is your buddy running?

pretty sure the CPU is holding you back

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

1 minute ago, dragoon20005 said:

what CPU is your buddy running?

pretty sure the CPU is holding you back

They all have i5's. One of them has a 3570k and they are fine 

Sounds like you are being bottlenecked by your CPU. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 minute ago, 81611_1454179829 said:

They all have i5's. One of them has a 3570k and they are fine 

yea those i5 even the 2500K are faster than your 6300

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Yep the CPU is holding you back, you should overclock the hell out of it, espacially when the temps are low unOC'ed

yea those i5 even the 2500K are faster than your 6300

hahah fair enough, typical AMD. I'll probably get a i5 6500 when i get paid :D Thanks for your help 

Just now, Narnash said:

Yep the CPU is holding you back, you should overclock the hell out of it, espacially when the temps are low unOC'ed

even with the OC, he prob only get 10-20fps at most

when CS;GO flies at 240fps

CS:GO iirc is a really heavily single threaded game. Which means only 1-2 cores of your 6-core CPU are being used and the rest doing nothing. It's more than likely the bottleneck.

"Rawr XD"

1 minute ago, Narnash said:

I would love to OC it, but my motherboard wouldn't like it and i don't have the correct cooling stuff and i don't know how to xD

Just now, 81611_1454179829 said:

hahah fair enough, typical AMD. I'll probably get a i5 6500 when i get paid :D Thanks for your help 

yea good CPU, if you want to go cheap,

go for the i5 6400 and get a better GPU to replace the GTX770

1 minute ago, Aniallation said:

CS:GO iirc is a really heavily single threaded game. Which means only 1-2 cores of your 6-core CPU are being used and the rest doing nothing. It's more than likely the bottleneck.

Yeah would make sense, oh well, looks like  i am never going back to amd :D

yea good CPU, if you want to go cheap,

go for the i5 6400 and get a better GPU to replace the GTX770

I might do, depends how much i get paid lmao. I would like to get a 1060 but who knows

Don't say that too soon, Zen will be fully announced in a few days and probably released in a month or so.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

Don't say that too soon, Zen will be fully announced in a few days and probably released in a month or so.

True true, I have thought about Zen because it does look decent so from what i have seen. All depends if i want to wait really :D 

7 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

even with the OC, he prob only get 10-20fps at most

when CS;GO flies at 240fps

I know, but we all stated already that the CPU is his limitation. And he can expect a 15-25% fps bost of that amd chip, I think thats decent for "zero" extra $ to spend. He could also try to OC 1 or 2 cores more than the others, instead to oc all 6 cores evenly may result  a better performance in CS:GO.

7 minutes ago, 81611_1454179829 said:

You never know what the future holds. There was a point (Pentium 4/D vs Athlon 64 era, oh jesus) where Intel was getting their ass handed to them HARD by AMD and people said they'd never go back to Intel, and look where we are lmao

"Rawr XD"

I know, but he can expect a 15-25% fps bost of that amd chip, I think thats decent for "zero" extra $ to spend. He could try to OC 1 or 2 cores more than the others, instead to oc all 6 cores evenely may result  a better performance in CS:GO.

I don't even know how to OC correctly ;-; 

I know, but he can expect a 15-25% fps bost of that amd chip, I think thats decent for "zero" extra $ to spend. He could try to OC 1 or 2 cores more than the others, instead to oc all 6 cores evenely may result  a better performance in CS:GO.

you do know not all AMD boards are made to OC

the chip bin bargain mobos which comes with the CPU have only 2-3 VRMs just for CPU and RAMs.

any OC will fry the VRMs and you see fire and smoke

2 minutes ago, 81611_1454179829 said:

Uhhhhh it'd depend on what mobo you have. Some aren't meant for OCing at all

"Rawr XD"

No problem, many forum members can help you with that, it's not hard at all, espacially when you not want to push to the very least limit for a specific benchmark or something like that and just want a decent OC for 24/7 use.

YT can help you with easy guides also, just type in your CPU and OC guide or something like that.

3 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

you do know not all AMD boards are made to OC

the chip bin bargain mobos which comes with the CPU have only 2-3 VRMs just for CPU and RAMs.

any OC will fry the VRMs and you see fire and smoke

Disabling 4 cores and only overclocking 2 will reduce stress on VRMs and make overclocking possible on lower-end boards (as well as reduce power consumption and heat output), but run any game that's somewhat multi-threaded and you're right back where you started with the CPU bottleneck lol

"Rawr XD"

1 minute ago, Aniallation said:

Disabling 4 cores and only overclocking 2 will reduce stress on VRMs and make overclocking possible on lower-end boards (as well as reduce power consumption and heat output), but run any game that's somewhat multi-threaded and you're right back where you started with the CPU bottleneck lol

The life on the budget ... I'm happy that I past these days.

Buildzoid (an overclocker with connections) has recently uploaded a video talking about Zen, its price and the potential overclocks. It boils down to this: 

Zen won't do 5GHz on air, more like 4.4, and it'll be substantially cheaper than Intel's offerings with the same per-core IPC as Broadwell-E. So I'd say wait for Zen.

Ye ole' train

6 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

Uhhhhh it'd depend on what mobo you have. Some aren't meant for OCing at all

MSI P23 - 760G FM3+ . In other words, it's a pile of ****