New build won't boot, how to check if Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI is working

Hi Guys,

I bought the gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI last week and am currently trying to build a pc with it. 

The issue I had is that when plugging everything in, and clicking on the power button, nothing happens. No fans were spinning and there was no boot. 

Is there any indicators on this motherboard, that show that power is going through it? 

I apologise in advance, if this question is poorly explained.

1 minute ago, peej said:

do did turn the psu on didnt you?

yes, definitely. also the psu was working the morning, before i started the build

20 minutes ago, fahim said:

yes, definitely. also the psu was working the morning, before i started the build

Are the connectors for the front panel(mainly power and reset buttons) connected in the right order?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

Are the connectors for the front panel(mainly power and reset buttons) connected in the right order?

I need to check that again. I am going to check all connections again in the evening

1 minute ago, fahim said:

I need to check that again. I am going to check all connections again in the evening

Refer to the motherboard manual (if you have it) when checking them, should be a diagram showing which goes where, then you can be 100% sure its right.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

Refer to the motherboard manual (if you have it) when checking them, should be a diagram showing which goes where, then you can be 100% sure its right.

That's what I did, but definitely something that needs to be checked again. Some of the wires didn't explicitly indicate positive and negative terminals. From research, i think the arrows indicate positive, is that correct?

1 minute ago, fahim said:

That's what I did, but definitely something that needs to be checked again. Some of the wires didn't explicitly indicate positive and negative terminals. From research, i think the arrows indicate positive, is that correct?

I think it depends on the case, but it will be either an arrow or a triangle to indicate which is the positive one.