How to use a disk partition of HDD to store a backup on?

TheWitt

I fixed my cousin's laptop yesterday by using my bootable USB armed with a fresh Windows 10 ISO. However, I want to make a backup of the laptop as it is now (with the current Windows files, documents/photos etc..., and applications) because their internet is not has solid and having to reinstall everything in the case of restoring it to its day 0 point would lose that. I know there is the "Create a Restore Point" feature, but I've had three separate people I know who have encountered issues with the restore points either not going not far enough back or simply not working at all. Is it possible to create another disk partition on my cousin's laptop with everything I have installed and restored on it and have that available in the case that the Restore Point feature does not work so that he doesn't have to start from a barebone Windows 10 laptop and have to work hard just to reinstall his applications again? 

1 minute ago, TheWi77 said:

I fixed my cousin's laptop yesterday by using my bootable USB armed with a fresh Windows 10 ISO. However, I want to make a backup of the laptop as it is now (with the current Windows files, documents/photos etc..., and applications) because their internet is not has solid and having to reinstall everything in the case of restoring it to its day 0 point would lose that. I know there is the "Create a Restore Point" feature, but I've had three separate people I know who have encountered issues with the restore points either not going not far enough back or simply not working at all. Is it possible to create another disk partition on my cousin's laptop with everything I have installed and restored on it and have that available in the case that the Restore Point feature does not work so that he doesn't have to start from a barebone Windows 10 laptop and have to work hard just to reinstall his applications again? 

Is what I'm looking for possible with the File History feature? As of right now, I have partitioned 90 GBs of data in his HDD (with Win10 + his files + his requested applications, everything amounts to about plus or minus 80 GBs) but, currently, File History does not detect this new "Drive," (R:).