Need to remove/change Win7 password fast.

EST_FatBoy

Windows 8.

My friend (yes my friend) cant remember her password and asked me to help her. I found a few programs but I want to know what have you guys used.

I removed my friends password a long time ago in a LAN party and I think I used my Win7 on my mem stick. I cant really remember it, I think I booted his PC up with the Win7 mem stick and then used the repair thing? Cant really remember how it worked but if anybody knows what I am talking about, please help.

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

I use passcape.
I think it also work if you overwrite the password file(not sure what it's called).

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

Boot with a repair CD and replace the on screen keyboard with CMD.

Next time you boot and open the keyboard, CMD should open. I think you can reset the password with that.

I'm not 100% sure though.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I personally use the Active@ disk suite of programs. It has the ability to remove passwords for Windows user accounts (It cannot recover the password, just erase it).

It doesn't crack or brute force the password either, which is good because I've never been able to get those to work properly.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I dont really feel like paying over 20 dollars for a one time use (also dont have the money).

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

Boot with a repair CD and replace the on screen keyboard with CMD.

Next time you boot and open the keyboard, CMD should open. I think you can reset the password with that.

I'm not 100% sure though.

Can you do that with Win 8?

Build log

i was reading this article a few days ago. maybe it can help you.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/passrecovery.htm

Windows 8.

My friend (yes my friend) cant remember her password and asked me to help her. I found a few programs but I want to know what have you guys used.

I removed my friends password a long time ago in a LAN party and I think I used my Win7 on my mem stick. I cant really remember it, I think I booted his PC up with the Win7 mem stick and then used the repair thing? Cant really remember how it worked but if anybody knows what I am talking about, please help.

Can you do that with Win 8?

I don't know. Never tried.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ