Powerline LAN

Hello so I moved my PC to my room, before it was standing in my "office" room. I´m using a powerline adapter for internet because im in the 2nd story and the router is in the first. Bck in the "office" room i had a 50Mbit/s connection for up and download and now with the new position I had to move the powerline thing to a new wall socket (obviously) and now I´m only getting around 25Mbit/s up and download. Is there a way to make my connection fast again?

4 minutes ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

Hello so I moved my PC to my room, before it was standing in my "office" room. I´m using a powerline adapter for internet because im in the 2nd story and the router is in the first. Bck in the "office" room i had a 50Mbit/s connection for up and download and now with the new position I had to move the powerline thing to a new wall socket (obviously) and now I´m only getting around 25Mbit/s up and download. Is there a way to make my connection fast again?

You could of course run an ethernet cable. The only other ways are to get better adapters, or replace the wiring in your house.

My native language is C++

Make sure both are plugged into a circuit on the same breaker. Or go full on dodge like I did in my old rental and wire the gpo's for the powerline to the same circuit as the lights

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Just now, tt2468 said:

You could of course run an ethernet cable. The only other ways are to get better adapters, or replace the wiring in your house.

I can´t run an ethernet cable, not from the old wall socket nor from the router. These are the adapters that im using  "devolo dLAN 500 duo Starter Kit Powerline". Does a better one really lead to better results?

Just now, it_dont_work said:

Make sure both are plugged into a circuit on the same breaker. Or go full on dodge like I did in my old rental and wire the gpo's for the powerline to the same circuit as the lights

We here have a seperate breaker for each room so thats sadly not possible. What is a GPO?

General purpose outlet (the wall socket), in that case you'll need either better power line adapters or to try different outlets to find the one with the shortest wiring. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Just now, GermanPCBuilder said:

They seem pretty expensive, how do I connected and and how to they work?

They use existing coax cabling to transmit data. Somewhat similar to a cable modem.

My native language is C++