Project Green Lantern(temp name)

johnermon

This is my new hard line cooled 16 core workstation. it uses dual e5 2670's, along with one gtx 1070 

This is an update to my original workstation, which had 8 cores running on a dual lga 1366 motherboard, along with a gtx 970.

It was also watercooled, however, it used soft tubing and wasn't that good looking. picture below

This is a dual processor build. I haven't seen many dual processor water cooling builds before, so this is atleast in my opinion different.

It is going to be a white, black and green build.

some things i am not carrying over

my original reservoir

I don't know exactly what it is, however it is the biggest one ekwb makes. It is unwieldy, and honestly not all that good looking

My soft tubing(Mostly)

while it looked okay, i kind of wanted to step it up a notch, and i am going with hard tubing. the exception is wherever you cannot see the tubing.

The fluid.

While the blue fluid worked well with the blue pcb on my old motherboard, my new motherboard has a green pcb, so i am replacing with green fluid.

The 970

The 970 was good, however i wanted better. so i bought a 1070.

The UV cathode

it looks kind of ugly.

Some things i am carrying over

the radiator

It still serves its perpous, as such i see no reason to replace it.

The pump

It is good enough for me and works perfectly well. there is no point in me replacing it

The case

the nanoxia deep silence 6 is a nice case, and it was expensive. I see no reason to replace it.

The fans.

I i will be painting the rings green, but other then that, i am keeping them

The cpu waterblocks

The swiftech cpu waterblocks are good enough, especially considering i will not be overclocking my cpus

The psu

The rm1000 is good enough for anything i will ever need, and i will only replace it when it craps out.

New parts

As a replacement for the resivoir, i got a phobya balancer 250. I like the look of it, and it is small, so it wont eat up a ton of coolant like the ek one.

Xspc 10mm/14mm petg

this tubing will replace the primoflex tubing. It is reasonably easy to bend, and it is a good price, at 20 dollars for 4 meters.

msi 1070 aero

I needed a reference board gtx 1070 to install the waterblock on, and this one seemed good enough. Msi also allows the installation of waterblocks, so if i ever need to rma, then i will be fine

Bitspower 1080 waterblock/backplate

This waterblock's rgb leds look great, and i got the waterblock and backplate combo for 110 shipped.

Gigabyte ga 7pesh2

I found this motherboard on ebay for around 250 dollars. Being a server board, it has a green pcb along with no io whatsoever, but it is good for the price

xspc hard compression fittings

They were 17 dollars for a 4 pack, so they fit within the budget.

misc parts

2 bitspower bulkhead fittings

a couple of 90 degree fittings from ekwb 

a few monsoon soft compression fittings 
Ekwb lime green concentrated pastel coolant

Need to buy

Sleeved extension for 8 pin pcie

rgb led strip and controller

Acrylic for custom psu cover

Paint for painting things.

If anyone has some ideas for naming this, i am open for suggestions.

20150830_210558.jpg

can't say i've seen someone route their GPU power cables that way 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

its temp

i am getting an extention, but for now, it will be like that

Aw this is look awesome, I'm a air cooling only type of person though can't deny the final look in many of these full water cooled systems are neat.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Did some of the bends, however ran out of tubing. Heres the system on, just doing a post test.

20170101_161525.jpg

Got my second round of tubing in the mail. I think this time i will be able to finish my loop.

Wow looks really good so far! Is there going to be something covering the pump when your finished?  What type of work do you use this for? Video editing and rendering?

yep i do video work. I also do music work, however that isn't really intensive. I plan on cutting a window in the side panel, making a custom psu shroud. I am currently doing a stress test with unigen heaven. Dissapointingly, the 1070 only overclocks to 2062 mhz, but it does that peaking at around 48 degrees. Any higher and the system gets unstable