$500 tech (not clickbait)

Hello, so I have saved up and received some money for birthday with resulted in around $500 and I don't know if I should spend it or save it. I could like buy some peripherals for my setup but that doesn't really do much and its all material stuff or I could save it. I just need some help with like ideas of cool gifts or like some awsoeome tech which cn range from anything to anything. This is if I don't just save it which I props might do but I want to see my alternative. 

Please could you help me and suggest some cool tech or basically anything around the price range.

P.S please don't just send a reply saying save it. I know that I just want to know what I could buy with it.

Thanks,

ME ;):):):):):) '_' 

Upgrade your PC?

2 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

around $500 and I don't know if I should spend it or save it.

1 minute ago, Riles4365 said:

P.S please don't just send a reply saying save it.

What PC do you have? You could also upgrade your PC. You could also get a new phone if you don't have a nice one already, I would recommend a OnePlus 3T. 

Hello, so I have saved up and received some money for birthday with resulted in around $500 and I don't know if I should spend it or save it. I could like buy some peripherals for my setup but that doesn't really do much and its all material stuff or I could save it. I just need some help with like ideas of cool gifts or like some awsoeome tech which cn range from anything to anything. This is if I don't just save it which I props might do but I want to see my alternative. 

Please could you help me and suggest some cool tech or basically anything around the price range.

P.S please don't just send a reply saying save it. I know that I just want to know what I could buy with it.

Thanks,

ME ;):):):):):) '_' 

A SmartWatch, maybe? I've been android forever and have never been impressed by the android wear watches and so I've never had one, but recently switched to Apple with my 7 Plus and convinced my mom to get me the newest Apple Watch, mostly for the fitness capabilities since i like to be aware of my health. extremely happy with it so far. Apple does seem to have it's certain magic, everything just works. 

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Upgrade your PC?

thats a good point but I literally just built my computer like a few weeks ago so thanks but I won't be doing that

8 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

What PC do you have? You could also upgrade your PC. You could also get a new phone if you don't have a nice one already, I would recommend a OnePlus 3T. 

for my pc, here it is:

I have an iPhone 5s and I am an apple person. Although that being a great offer Im sorry but if I were to upgrade it would be apple and props to the 7. I even checked prices for the 7 but the money just won't cut it. I thought about it and a new phone would be too expensive. 

7 minutes ago, MeepLikesToBuildPc's said:

A SmartWatch, maybe? I've been android forever and have never been impressed by the android wear watches and so I've never had one, but recently switched to Apple with my 7 Plus and convinced my mom to get me the newest Apple Watch, mostly for the fitness capabilities since i like to be aware of my health. extremely happy with it so far. Apple does seem to have it's certain magic, everything just works. 

thanks, Ill look into that. thats a great idea! :) 

Save it dude. If you have nothing that you need, save it and wait until a good sale or something that catches your eye comes by. You don't have to spend all your money the second you get it.

8 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

The fact that you started this thread clearly shows that you don't actually need anything.  Seems like you're tossing around the idea of blowing the money if someone can convince you that you want something.  Interesting approach.  

Peripherals? Mech kb/mouse

NEw table?

LED strips?

Some paintings?

If you don't already have a good mechanical keyboard, I'd get one of those. Expensive (K70 RGBs are ~$150 USD) but well worth your money.

H A L C Y O N

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H50

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary

GPU: MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-2400

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

Power Supply: SeaSonic G-Series 550W

Case: NZXT S340 (black/blue)

Peripherals:

Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM

Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Headset: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

Mousepad: HyperX Fury S XL

I found these 

4 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

for my pc, here it is:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/B4Fh2R

I have an iPhone 5s and I am an apple person. Although that being a great offer Im sorry but if I were to upgrade it would be apple and props to the 7. I even checked prices for the 7 but the money just won't cut it. I thought about it and a new phone would be too expensive. 

whoops, here is the pc :

5 minutes ago, mpsparrow said:

Save it dude. If you have nothing that you need, save it and wait until a good sale or something that catches your eye comes by. You don't have to spend all your money the second you get it.

yeah, thanks. Sorry to mention but its like a gift from my whole (extended) family so I could ask them all to get me something or I could save it like you said. 

7 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

The fact that you started this thread clearly shows that you don't actually need anything.  Seems like you're tossing around the idea of blowing the money if someone can convince you that you want something.  Interesting approach.  

thats what I was thinking. do I just want to spend it because its there or because I want something? :) 

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Peripherals? Mech kb/mouse

NEw table?

LED strips?

Some paintings?

yeah, but which ones. I saw the Asus PB287Q and the Asus MG28UQ??????? Paintings wouldn't really fit because there are cupboards above but I could put them in my room.

thats what I was thinking. do I just want to spend it because its there or because I want something? :) 

The right thing will come along and when it does, you'll know you NEED it.  That's when you buy.

8 minutes ago, StayFrostyy said:

If you don't already have a good mechanical keyboard, I'd get one of those. Expensive (K70 RGBs are ~$150 USD) but well worth your money.

i was thinking that but I really won't know the difference. if I were going to spend it on peripherals I would get a better monitor because the monitor I have is from my dad's work and it only run at 1050p.

5 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

yeah, but which ones. I saw the Asus PB287Q and the Asus MG28UQ??????? Paintings wouldn't really fit because there are cupboards above but I could put them in my room.

the setup isn't in my room. Its in the study and its a built in desk so I couldn't upgrade desks or really put led's in because its like not even a setup. I like your idea about paintings and am thinking of getting like those multiple paintings that line up.

Put it in the bank. You'll be thankthful later.

Or buy a gaming keyboard/mouse/mic/headset/webcam/capture card and be a streamer. Or buy a HDD to store videos and be a youtuber.

22 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

i was thinking that but I really won't know the difference. if I were going to spend it on peripherals I would get a better monitor because the monitor I have is from my dad's work and it only run at 1050p.

If you really want a monitor, $300-400 can buy you a decent 1440p panel.

H A L C Y O N

Specs:

Peripherals:

4 minutes ago, StayFrostyy said:

If you really want a monitor, $300-400 can buy you a decent 1440p panel.

such as ??

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VRKVGJG/?tag=pcpapi-20 This monitor from ASUS seems excellent for the price. You could also afford to go 1080p Ultrawide.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236348&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= - 1080p ultrawide monitor (also by ASUS)

H A L C Y O N

Specs:

Peripherals:

I would save for a Nintendo Switch and some games to go with it, and hope some emergency doesn't come up in the meantime.