What is this worth?

lilwic
Go to solution Solved by NoRomanBatmansAllowed,
1 minute ago, lilwic said:

so like 20-30ish?

I mean you could try, but I'm assuming parts (especially being in the US) are rather cheap. 

HDD probably around 5-10 bucks, RAM maybe another 5 or so, the rest (IMO, please don't shoot) is basically worthless due to it's age.

I have a fairly old pc that currently has no use, However i do not really know what to price it for. Specs down below

Specs

===========

CPU: AMD Sempron 2200+

Ram: 2gb

Hard Drive: 30gb

No GPU or Networking card, only ethernet and mobo graphics

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 | Motherboard MSI B550 | RAM 32 GB Corsair Vengance Pro | GPU EVGA GTX 980ti | Case Corsair 4000X | Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD,  Team GX2 1TB SSD | PSU Sentey 850w 80+ Bronze | Cooling AMD Wraith RGB | PCPartPicker URL https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RN7kGc |

Probably sell it for 10-20 bucks  on craigslist as old vintage PC? lmao those parts are terrible. I would recommend cleaning dust out first too.

17 minutes ago, Savant82 said:

$70ish if that

definitely not 70 dollars. You can buy a better pc for 70 bucks.

1 minute ago, Savant82 said:

$70ish if that

I would be surprised if he can get 50 bucks

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

18 minutes ago, lilwic said:

-snip-

I would pay $10 for it, then use it for everything that doesn't involve turning it on, like practice soldering into and out of the motherboard.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Savant82 said:

tru

i read athlon instead of sempron my bad

i just looked at the mobo, i didnt know what it had before. It has a Biostar M7VIG 400 if that helps.

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 | Motherboard MSI B550 | RAM 32 GB Corsair Vengance Pro | GPU EVGA GTX 980ti | Case Corsair 4000X | Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD,  Team GX2 1TB SSD | PSU Sentey 850w 80+ Bronze | Cooling AMD Wraith RGB | PCPartPicker URL https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RN7kGc |

18 minutes ago, lilwic said:

-snip-

Where do you live? In some places, computer parts are overpriced due to shortage.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Just now, bob51zhang said:

Where do you live? In some places, computer parts are overpriced due to shortage.

washington, the state. Not DC

Just now, lilwic said:

washington, the state. Not DC

Well, yeah you won't be able to get much out of it.

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

1 minute ago, bob51zhang said:

Well, yeah you won't be able to get much out of it.

so like 20-30ish?

1 minute ago, lilwic said:

so like 20-30ish?

I mean you could try, but I'm assuming parts (especially being in the US) are rather cheap. 

HDD probably around 5-10 bucks, RAM maybe another 5 or so, the rest (IMO, please don't shoot) is basically worthless due to it's age.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

alright cool, thanks!

2 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

make it into a nas ?

12 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

even then, people aren't THAT hard pressed for money that they would buy old garbage like this to use everyday.

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

make it into a nas ?

Lmao, a 30gb NAS? xD jk jk 

2 minutes ago, DaveTheBeast023 said:

Lmao, a 30gb NAS? xD jk jk 

i used to a 30 gb nas back in 2007 lol it was just for school work 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

i used to a 30 gb nas back in 2007 lol its just for school work 

It would make more sense to just have a flash drive on your keychain, which could be up to like 256 gigs.

1 minute ago, DaveTheBeast023 said:

It would make more sense to just have a flash drive on your keychain, which could be up to like 256 gigs.

I really loved to overcomplicated things.