Is there a way to make the Corsair K65 Vengeance keys clicky?

Just about a month ago I bought a Corsair K65 Vengeance on amazon that comes with the cherry mx reds and I thought it was clicky, but it just had a lower actuation force than the mx blues (my friend had a K70 with mx blues so I assumed that mx reds wouldn't be much different and still be clicky, pretty dumb on my part). So I was wondering if there was any way to make the switches clicky? Thanks!

there's no way to make the switches themselves clicky. you will have to either buy a new board, or desolder all the switches and solder SMD mx blues or SMD clicky (such as mx whites) switches, which requires dismantling the board and PCB. i really don't recommend doing the DIY method, as that also voids your warranty. and there'll most likely be problems with RGB lighting, etc etc 

5 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

there's no way to make the switches themselves clicky. you will have to either buy a new board, or desolder all the switches and solder SMD mx blues or SMD clicky (such as mx whites) switches, which requires dismantling the board and PCB. i really don't recommend doing the DIY method, as that also voids your warranty. and there'll most likely be problems with RGB lighting, etc etc 

Damn, that really sucks. This is the first keyboard that I've used that doesn't have pressing feedback (I've used membrane switches my entire life) and I'm really not used to it or like it at all. Guess I'll have to live without the audible/pressing feedback for however long I use this keyboard and get used to it haha

21 minutes ago, jarz said:

Damn, that really sucks. This is the first keyboard that I've used that doesn't have pressing feedback (I've used membrane switches my entire life) and I'm really not used to it or like it at all. Guess I'll have to live without the audible/pressing feedback for however long I use this keyboard and get used to it haha

you could argue that you'll probably get used to it. but if i were in your shoes i would try to get another board as soon as possible. there are tons of mechanical switches + combinations, and for good reason. it is also subjective. perhaps you'll grow into it, but initial impressions can go a long way in spite of whether or not you use that switch long-term. 

if you want an alternative i recommend mx browns. however browns have no click, just a tactile feedback. if you want both click and tactile, mx blues, but it might annoy other people with how loud they are. 

2 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

you could argue that you'll probably get used to it. but if i were in your shoes i would try to get another board as soon as possible. there are tons of mechanical switches + combinations, and for good reason. it is also subjective. perhaps you'll grow into it, but initial impressions can go a long way in spite of whether or not you use that switch long-term. 

if you want an alternative i recommend mx browns. however browns have no click, just a tactile feedback. if you want both click and tactile, mx blues, but it might annoy other people with how loud they are. 

Thanks for the recommendations! Unfortunately, I don't really have the cash to spend on a new board and I got this on the Black Friday sale, so I'll probably have to stick with this until it dies or if I have loads of spare change to spend

16 hours ago, jarz said:

Thanks for the recommendations! Unfortunately, I don't really have the cash to spend on a new board and I got this on the Black Friday sale, so I'll probably have to stick with this until it dies or if I have loads of spare change to spend

Can you return it?

Maybe blues with Jailhouse mods maybe too much but could get it done or JSpacers from thevankeyboard.com even though they won't be restocked till April...