What PSU to get if any at all? MSI GTX 760

Nailroth

Hi today i was given a MSI GTX 760 twin frozr OC card from my nephew as he went out and bought a GTX 1060

My current PSU Corsair CX 430 don't have the pins required for the new graphic card.

The PSU's i have found that i would be willing to buy for this card is Cooler Master B2 500w, EVGA 500w White, Cooler Master B2600w EVGA 500b 500w The first two i like the most as a student the difference in price is massive I also found a Fractal Design EFFEKT 600w but i am unsure if it will work as i can't find information if it's 4x6+2 PCI-e or not store site just says 8pin 4x while on the other PSU's it says 2x6+2 and google is of no help on this PSU

I currently have a 750 TI OC 2gb card so the improvment won't be to big but i know this card works without issues unlike mine. 

A new PSU will probably be needed when i'm done with school and can afford a RX480 or what ever AMD releases next as i will never buy an Nvidia card ever again.

My other specs are

i3 6100

gigabyte B150M-HD3

16gb DDR4 2400 2x8gb Kingston Hyperx

toshiba 120gb SSD

and a bunch of 5400 hardrives ranging in size as my main storage disk failed and the budget i spend on new psu were going to go to a new storage disk but it might have to wait.

PS don't hate me for saying ill never buy a nvidia card again. had 7 cards and this 750 ti holds the record of a year an no total falure last record was two weeks. This 750 ti has not been good though as i've had to underclock it by 150mhz on both core and memory from day one to stop driver crashes. I think you understand why i'm salty towards nvidia.

For me as a non prime it's about $10 more then the EVGA 500b and thats like 2 month of saving for me. plus i like to get stuff from were i live in case there is an issue and i can return it for warranty the same day it fails if it does. at max i have to wait 2 days while on amazon it's probably more like a week if anything should happen. That long i can't wait if anything would happen. Thanks though

How much better is the 500b over those two in tier 6 on psu? as i just checked that thread. also going to check some Be quiet psu as i thought they were some cheap crap psu as i have not heard of be quiet psu only fans and such from them. so might comeback with a be quiet psu aswell

I found a CX650m for the same price as the EVGA 500b but im unsure if it's the same PSU i have just bigger and also crap tier or if it's the CXM thats tier 4

It's on sale right now

32 minutes ago, Nailroth said:

For me as a non prime it's about $10 more then the EVGA 500b and thats like 2 month of saving for me. plus i like to get stuff from were i live in case there is an issue and i can return it for warranty the same day it fails if it does. at max i have to wait 2 days while on amazon it's probably more like a week if anything should happen. That long i can't wait if anything would happen. Thanks though

How much better is the 500b over those two in tier 6 on psu? as i just checked that thread. also going to check some Be quiet psu as i thought they were some cheap crap psu as i have not heard of be quiet psu only fans and such from them. so might comeback with a be quiet psu aswell

What world are you living in where you're making 5 dollars a month?

If this is an allowance-based situation, you can mow a lawn for $10 and have the money you need for an S12.

2 minutes ago, Nailroth said:

I found a CX650m for the same price as the EVGA 500b but im unsure if it's the same PSU i have just bigger and also crap tier or if it's the CXM thats tier 4

It's on sale right now

Oh, get that, that PSU is arguably better than the S12, actually.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It's not that i make 5 dollars i'm a student and thats how much i can spare each month after rent and food. i can probably get it faster if i skipp sleep and get another part time job but then school will be tough ;P

There is one thing i wonder about the CX650m is all cables coming with or do i need to buy some separate? the site just says that with a modular psu you can just have the cables you need hooked in and there won't be any cables just taking space but not if and what cables are in the package. never looked at a semi/modular psu before so not sure how they arrive.

I guess ill order it then. will have to hurry though sale might end this year and it's almost 2017 For me Happy new year and thank you all for the help