What case fans should I get

BurntNewt

I just bought the s340 elite and was wondering what kind of case fans I should get for the front any suggestions would be great. I'm not looking to water cool just yet but I still want the fans to be quiet 

Noctua or bequiet! if you are going for a silent PC.

Noctua fans are very expensive though...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Noctua or bequiet! if you are going for a silent PC.

Noctua fans are very expensive though...

Ok do you know how much bequiets usually go for 

3 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

Ok do you know how much bequiets usually go for 

Around $10 for the 120mm fans

Depends on the version. It is either $12 or $20 for the 140mm variant.

Edited by PCGuy_5960

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Around $10 for the 120mm fans

Depends on the version. It is either $12 or $20 for the 140mm variant.

Ok thank you 

Just now, BurntNewt said:

Ok thank you 

Np

14 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Get the Silent Wings 3 from Be Quiet.

The window on the S340 Elite will make every fan installed immediately visible.

Noctua fans do great work but you will see the odd beige color.

I recently got the S340 Elite (black) myself. Fantastic value for a modern minimalist compact tower with tempered glass.

Also if you decide to get a tower cooler, mind the clearance. The really big ones like the NH-D15 won't fit properly. 

22 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Np

Does 120 or 140 make a diffence with fans 

1 hour ago, BurntNewt said:

Does 120 or 140 make a diffence with fans 

Not much

12 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Yes. The case has a predicted airflow setup. You're meant to have two 140mm intake (front) and either a 120mm rear + 140mm top exhaust, or both exhaust at 120mm. This ensures more air being sucked in than blown out, and resulting in positive air pressure. You want positive air pressure because then the only air coming in are through the front filters. Else unfiltered air will seep in from every nook and cranny, leaving dust inside.

Also, its a good to go for 140mm at every opportunity. Because the larger fins move more air per revolution, they don't have to spin nearly as fast to move the same amount of air compared to 120mm fans. This means more silent operation and more airflow at high rpm.

21 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Not much

I found these nzxt fans thoughts https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16835146040

1 hour ago, BurntNewt said:

They aren't the quietest, but they will work