ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TURNS ON!?

Yukimura

I recently got everything I need to build a PC and I put it all together already. I have tested out the PSU with the paperclip thing and even tested every other component on another PC (except CPU and Motherboard). 

Here's what I have:

1 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

1 Hyper X Savage 4 Gig memory stick

1 MSI 1050 2Gig GPU

AMD A6 6400k CPU (with cooler)

Insignia 400W PSU

(And one case fan)

I connected everything that can be connected and nothing turns on except for 1 LED which is the one that lights up when you press the power button on the case. Nothing else turns on, not even the fans. I do not know what is wrong and I'm kind of freaking out so please help if you can.14831346363481545622718.jpg1483134549739-1187428887.jpg14831346363481545622718.jpg1483134549739-1187428887.jpg

Wtf is that powerfully and you plugged in the cables wrong...,

2 minutes ago, Xreldo said:

do elaborate for the user

1 minute ago, AliB2512 said:

do elaborate for the user

Working on it.

Which cables?

It is very unclear in the images but did you plug these 3 in the right places as they are responsible for your pc working in the most part. as well as make sure all cables are connected to the PSU properly595df3ff40167a4ee170e9e0e25733e7.png

Fans not turning shows that the motherboard is not getting power. Also does the PSU fan work?

The PCI and CPU cable look alike, make sure you used the right ones.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

1 minute ago, Xreldo said:

It is very unclear in the images but did you plug these 3 in the right places as they are responsible for your pc working in the most part. as well as make sure all cables are connected to the PSU properly595df3ff40167a4ee170e9e0e25733e7.png

Yes, my PSU had a 20+4 so I put the two together. I plugged in the one with 4 holes into the socket by the CPU. The GPU is powered soley by PCIe. And there aren't any places to put the ones with 6 holes. Also, I'm not using an Optical Drive.

spend about 10 minutes cable managing so we can see the problem.

CASE: deepcool dukase v2 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte gaming 3 CPU: intel core i5 6500 GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming CPU COOLER: enermax liqmax II 120s SSD: Kingston ssdnow uv400 240gb RAM: crucial ballistic sport (1 x 8) PSU: Cooler Master GX 650W

1 minute ago, Yukimura said:

Yes, my PSU had a 20+4 so I put the two together. I plugged in the one with 4 holes into the socket by the CPU. The GPU is powered soley by PCIe. And there aren't any places to put the ones with 6 holes. Also, I'm not using an Optical Drive.

Does PSU fan work?

1 minute ago, Xreldo said:

Does PSU fan work?

Yes

does the cord going from the wall to the psu work? i spent an hour troubleshooting and then i found out i just needed a working cable.

CASE: deepcool dukase v2 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte gaming 3 CPU: intel core i5 6500 GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming CPU COOLER: enermax liqmax II 120s SSD: Kingston ssdnow uv400 240gb RAM: crucial ballistic sport (1 x 8) PSU: Cooler Master GX 650W

1 minute ago, creepybob said:

does the cord going from the wall to the psu work? i spent an hour troubleshooting and then i found out i just needed a working cable.

is the PSU back switch on too?

the fun times

1 minute ago, Yukimura said:

Yes

Unplug everything out and do it again we can't really see your cables in those images compare your cable management to this 3bf755a9168dbd12d0f0cf1329632944.png

2 minutes ago, creepybob said:

Yes, I tested it on my monitor and the monitor turned on.

Take it apart and do it again slowly and concentrated. It could be that your motherboard is defective, but we can't really see if you have everything correct from these pictures.

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

3 minutes ago, Xreldo said:

Unplug everything out and do it again we can't really see your cables in those images compare your cable management to this 3bf755a9168dbd12d0f0cf1329632944.png

Ill try to make it as neat as possible but this case doesn't have a basement or back.

I understand just shove it into the corners leaving the motherboard and gpu clear of calbles by the way is this the same brand case? Image result for metal box

I suggest spending around 20-30 for a new case. They are pretty nice if you find the ones with some holes for cable management,,

I understand just shove it into the corners leaving the motherboard and gpu clear of calbles by the way is this the same brand case? Although this one has cable management holes (:Image result for metal box

9 minutes ago, Xreldo said:

I understand just shove it into the corners leaving the motherboard and gpu clear of calbles by the way is this the same brand case? Image result for metal box

Ok, so, I made it as neat as I could. The white cables are for the cases USB and Audio ports.

1483136763054-1258038822.jpg

1483136799773199705650.jpg

4 minutes ago, Yukimura said:

Ok, so, I made it as neat as I could. The white cables are for the cases USB and Audio ports.

1483136763054-1258038822.jpg

1483136799773199705650.jpg

At this point I'm just gonna guess that my motherboard is faulty, does anyone know how I can check to see if the motherboard isn't working?

1 hour ago, Yukimura said:

At this point I'm just gonna guess that my motherboard is faulty, does anyone know how I can check to see if the motherboard isn't working?

Well usually you know when everything is connected properly and it's just not doing anything. If you are sure you connected everthing correctly you should just send the motherboard back for a RMA. One thing you could check is to jump start the system using a screwdriver and the pins that connect to the powerbutton, on the off chance you didn't align the IO correctly.

My System:

Spoiler