Is it just me or are the LTT YT movies getting more silly?

Jack the Stripper

"Bowling with cars" should have been done with slightly larger and faster trucks. Plus the steering sensitivity should have been lessened. The cars they used were too small.

I can't really think of a channel super fun video that was actually memorable and genuinely funny, it's all forced humour. When Linus started it he said it would be a toy review channel but it's turned into a childish channel. Toy channels don't have to be childish but CSF definitely is.

Just now, Mug said:

I can't really think of a channel super fun video that was actually memorable and genuinely funny, it's all forced humour. When Linus started it he said it would be a toy review channel but it's turned into a childish channel. Toy channels don't have to be childish but CSF definitely is.

I didn't know how to put it in words but I can agree with this.

CSF seems like a way to monetize team building activities for LTT. 

Just seems like a decent business move, although Linus did mention in one of the wan shows that CSF just hemorrhages money... 

31 minutes ago, Mug said:

I find some funny and enjoyable... when they are just doing the task at hand.  

Like you said though, they try to force to much humor into it.  Like glow stick dodgeball, it was fun, I enjoyed it.  But why the fuck were Linus and Luke rubbing asses.  Stop humping that fence post.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

9 minutes ago, Cyborgsmith said:

CSF seems like a way to monetize team building activities for LTT. 

Just seems like a decent business move, although Linus did mention in one of the wan shows that CSF just hemorrhages money... 

Its a straight up tax write off, very good business sense, VERY GOOOOOD!

How do they spend money on that channel? All the making of the video gear is already paid for. So you are saying they buy the RC toys rather then get comped for them. I guess the salaries of the guests would have to be accounted for. Plus take into account the time his employees/guests whatever spend on the silly CSF videos when their time could be spent in a more profitable manner.

Could also be a customer acquisition tool.

8 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

I find some funny and enjoyable... when they are just doing the task at hand.  

Like you said though, they try to force to much humor into it.  Like glow stick dodgeball, it was fun, I enjoyed it.  But why the fuck were Linus and Luke rubbing asses.  Stop humping that fence post.  

Yeah, it's usually a bit much. I thought glowstick dodgeball was a little funny but it wasn't exactly a reason for me to subscribe.

I think another issue is the memes which are also too much, the air horn, the hit markers, the general obnoxiousness of the edit. Nerd Sports also grinds my gears, it's a one trick pony of a show and again, everything's forced, I'm sat there squirming with awkwardness as the viewer.

No wonder Vessel went bust, nerd sports was utter shite.

4 minutes ago, Mug said:

Yeah, it's usually a bit much. I thought glowstick dodgeball was funny but it wasn't exactly a reason for me to subscribe.

I think another issue is the memes which are also too much, the air horn, the hit markers, the general obnoxiousness of the edit. Nerd Sports also grinds my gears, it's a one trick pony of a show and again, everything's forced, I'm sat there squirming with awkwardness as the viewer.

No wonder Vessel went bust, nerd sports was utter shite.

Yeah, I've been meh about nerd sports.  
Some of their more silly things, such as dildo racing, I laughed at.  But again, they had the weird ass gyrating.

The memes don't bother me much.  But I can see how they are used in over abundance.  I think Nick V edits CSF videos, and while maybe a nice guy, he seems generally obnoxious to me, so I can see that.

I like the board games and the game room videos though, such as when they played that one game and the loser had to eat jerky.  

Really, my only issue isn't that I enjoy the videos or not, it's the forced 'humor' they do in between what the video is actually about.  Calm it down some.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

7 minutes ago, Jack the Stripper said:

Its a straight up tax write off, very good business sense, VERY GOOOOOD!

How do they spend money on that channel? All the making of the video gear is already paid for. So you are saying they buy the RC toys rather then get comped for them. I guess the salaries of the guests would have to be accounted for. Plus take into account the time his employees/guests whatever spend on the silly CSF videos when their time could be spent in a more profitable manner.

Could also be a customer acquisition tool.

They made some videos in the past, the jousting one comes to mind, where they spent 1000 bucks renting stuff for it. 

6 minutes ago, Cyborgsmith said:

They made some videos in the past, the jousting one comes to mind, where they spent 1000 bucks renting stuff for it. 

His 6000sq.ft. warehouse aint cheap whether he is renting ($25+/sq.ft. per year) or bought it (mortgaged at I am assuming close to $1M) plus the salaries of all his employee's, utilities, and the list goes on.