Free Photo Editing Software?

ASAP_Gooby

Can someone suggest a photo editing software that's most similar to Photoshop that's also free? Also, does anyone know how to buy the latest Photoshop without subscriptions? (And no, I'm not going to crack it lol)

Gimp

I have PS CC and Lightroom CC without paying a dime if you know what I mean ;)

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

5 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

Gimp

I have PS CC and Lightroom CC without paying a dime if you know what I mean ;)

lol, I've tried gimp before and I didn't care for it. thanks for answering tho

I use Pixlr Editor, its web browser based, but works very well, really enjoy using it, if you need an offline/downloadable option they offer Pixlr Express as well, though it is not as feature rich as the online editor version.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

7 hours ago, ASAP_Gooby said:

lol, I've tried gimp before and I didn't care for it. thanks for answering tho

Did you try the one window mode of GIMP?

Gimp, otherwise I belive you can buy Photoshop CS6 in a few places however you would be loosing a lot of new features and updates. The photography plan in CC is very affordable and you can pay one year at a time. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

On 12/29/2016 at 1:35 AM, ASAP_Gooby said:

Can someone suggest a photo editing software that's most similar to Photoshop that's also free? Also, does anyone know how to buy the latest Photoshop without subscriptions? (And no, I'm not going to crack it lol)

Have you considered Photoshop Elements, I believe this version is not subscription based.  Of course it doesn't have all the features of Photoshop.

The question is, what features do you need?  Are you looking for an image editor to do some simple cropping, resizing, color correcting?  Are you looking for an image editor that can work with layers and masks, filters, etc.? Are you looking for an image editor that can work with RAW photo files?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

3 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Have you considered Photoshop Elements, I believe this version is not subscription based.  Of course it doesn't have all the features of Photoshop.

The question is, what features do you need?  Are you looking for an image editor to do some simple cropping, resizing, color correcting?  Are you looking for an image editor that can work with layers and masks, filters, etc.? Are you looking for an image editor that can work with RAW photo files?

Defiantly something I can use to work with layers and such

On 12/29/2016 at 3:52 AM, .spider. said:

Did you try the one window mode of GIMP?

Nope, what is?

18 minutes ago, ASAP_Gooby said:

Nope, what is?

Makes the UI more similar to Photoshop

1 hour ago, ASAP_Gooby said:

Defiantly something I can use to work with layers and such

Well I think you can work with layers in Gimp.  But personally, I prefer Photoshop and the photographer package (PS + Lightroom) price is worth it.  It's only $10 a month.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

5 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Well I think you can work with layers in Gimp.  But personally, I prefer Photoshop and the photographer package (PS + Lightroom) price is worth it.  It's only $10 a month.

It there a way I can get full photoshop with after effects and premier pro without subscription, or at least an annual subscription?

6 minutes ago, ASAP_Gooby said:

It there a way I can get full photoshop with after effects and premier pro without subscription, or at least an annual subscription?

You can see about buying a license for CS6, if it's still sold.

You can buy Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements.

But you cannot legally get a non-subscription based copy of the latest versions of Adobe CC products.

1 hour ago, ASAP_Gooby said:

That combo is a bit special. But you can pay for one year at a time. So it doesn't draw money from your credit card once each month. You pay for a year and then they will ask you to pay again. (Or get an email notification of some sort that your subscription is running out.) However the most affordable option to get all those three programs is to pay for the entire Creative Cloud. It should land at around 600US per year. That means you will have all programs in the creative cloud. 

Tbh just go to their website: http://www.adobe.com/se/creativecloud.html and do some reading yourself. There is a nice overview on how the plans work and what you will have to pay for each. There is also a dropdown menu that shows how much it is if you pay a year in advance. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"