ATH-ADG1X Help / General Headset Help

Man of Spheal
Go to solution Solved by Man of Spheal,

Never-mind I'm retarded, there's a small volume dial on the inline mute. But if someone still wants to recommend an amp that will be much appreciated.

Hey, I just bought my first gaming headset, the ATH-ADG1X. 

My only problem with the headset is that it is very, very quiet - I can barely hear anything (like a very soft whisper). I have also tried them on my phone and they are quiet (if not quieter). This leads me to believe that I require an amp, is this correct? Has anyone owned a pair and have had such drastic volume levels, or is it a hardware issue? Its impedance is 48 ohms.

Want to be positive before buying an amp. If so what would suit best with the headset?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Man of Spheal said:

Hey, I just bought my first gaming headset, the ATH-ADG1X. 

My only problem with the headset is that it is very, very quiet - I can barely hear anything (like a very soft whisper). I have also tried them on my phone and they are quiet (if not quieter). This leads me to believe that I require an amp, is this correct? Has anyone owned a pair and have had such drastic volume levels, or is it a hardware issue? Its impedance is 48 ohms.

Want to be positive before buying an amp. If so what would suit best with the headset?

Thanks

new headphones means now jacks is the cable all the way in?

1 minute ago, harry4742 said:

new headphones means now jacks is the cable all the way in?

Yeah they are, tested with and without splitter, also tested with the included one (extension cable) and my personal splitter. All quiet.

Splitter? remember it splits an analog signal which means it splits power --> less power = less noise

2 minutes ago, harry4742 said:

Splitter? remember it splits an analog signal which means it splits power --> less power = less noise

Has been tested without splitter, still same. (Splits audio and mic)

Never-mind I'm retarded, there's a small volume dial on the inline mute. But if someone still wants to recommend an amp that will be much appreciated.